Chapter 13

“CHRIS! EVE!” Mr. Frazier shouted.

Mr. Frazier worked at a boot camp; he was really involved with the army. So no one could ever understand how Chris and Eve were always late for everything.

“Yes, sir!” Eve yelled.

“Let’s move it!” Mr. Frazier responded.

“Guys, we got to go but have an awesome time!” Eve smiled hugging Taylor. Taylor smiled back- Eve could make anyone smile

“Zac my man, live it up!” Chris said taking off his khaki colored hat and putting it on Zac’s head backwards. Then they did their secret handshake.

“Thanks man, I’ll talk to you when we get back,” Zac promised.

Eve and Chris walked down the road.

“This is his favorite hat,” Zac said shaking his head smiling.

“Well, I guess we better get going too- I know you guys have an early flight tomorrow,” Carolyn sighed.

“OH BYE ZAC!” Claire said putting her arms around him.

“Claire…you’ll see me soon enough.” Zac said pushing her off of him.

“Zac! That was so rude!” Ike said putting his arm around Carolyn. Taylor’s face got red with jealousy that his older brother’s arm was around his crush.

“Well, bye Ike.” Carolyn said hugging Ike and then kissing him on the cheek.

Then she moved on to Zac, “Bye cutie!” Carolyn kissed Zac on the cheek.

“Bye Tay,” She said as she kissed him on the cheek. Carolyn dragged Claire off.

“I SWEAR! IF ONE MORE GIRL KISSES ME!” Zac threatened.

“She kissed me AGAIN…” Taylor’s voice drifted off.

“You guys are so weird…” Brandon laughed.

Then my dad ran up to us.

“HEY COACH!” Zac smiled wide. My dad was the kind of person EVERY kid liked. And he was so obsessed with being a football coach everyone (even Brandon and I) called him coach.

“Hey kids, listen up,” He said like he was ready to tell them a football play, “You all just have fun and do your best- good luck.” He said.

“Thanks Coach Stokley,” Taylor smiled.

“We’ll miss you- it’ll be awfully quiet around here…” My dad laughed.

“Thanks a lot- but it’ll only be a few months,” Ike reminded him.

“Yeah well, then I’ll see you in a few months-Brandon- let’s hustle!” My dad said pointing to our house.

“But what about Ashly?” Brandon asked almost whining.

“Your mother said Ms. Diana wanted her to stay for a little while longer.” My dad said shrugging his shoulders.

“Okay, well- I’ll see you guys later! Good luck!” Brandon said waving good-bye to the brothers as him and my dad ran back to my house.

“Your mom wants me to stay?” I asked.

“Let’s go find out…” Taylor said motioning us to follow him into the house.

Chapter 14