1. Members are required to send a flat fee of $5.00 to enter any and/or all categories.
2. Non-Members fees are $3.00 per poem for eligible categories (open to all categories).
3. All poems must be original, unpublished, not having won a First place prize in any PSO contest.
4. Unpublished poems which have not been accepted for
publication prior to the PSO contest entry deadline of November 30, 2017,
are eligible to be entered in the Annual PSO 2017 Contest.
5. Contestants not complying with rules may be prohibited from entering these and future contests at the discretion of the Executive Board.
6. By entering, contestants acknowledge PSO may read and make a copy
of winning poems for use by the organization in Annual
Awards Banquet Records. However, all rights remain with the author and no winning poem will be published by PSO (without
authors express permission).
7. Send one poem per category, one page per poem. Exceptions are: Categories with 'no line limit'.
8. Submit a different poem for each category entered.
9. Packets for the PSO Annual Spring Contests may be picked up after
the Awards Banquet in March. Workshop Contest and
National Poetry Day Contest packets will be returned after their respective Awards presentations in July and October. Packets
without SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE and/or PROPER RETURN POSTAGE will NOT be mailed. These packets will be destroyed.
10. Winning checks over 60 days old will not be honored.
11. Members: Be sure to include a flat $5.00 fee
for entry into any or all categories. Non-Members include $3.00 per poem.
1. Provide two (2) copies of each poem. On one copy only, include name
and address in the upper right corner.
Make separate stacks of Unidentified and Identified copies please. Do not put name and address on the second copy.
2. Type all poems single-spaced (double space between stanzas) on 8½"
x 11" white paper. NOTE: If "Form" is listed as Poet's Choice,
and a specific form is used, please state type of form on page.
3. Type the number and name of category in the upper left corner of each poem page.
4. Please include one index card, 3x5 preferred. On the left side of
the card list your name, address, phone number, and email address clearly typed,
written, or stamped. Under this information pleas put the number only of contests you entered (do NOT list titles or first lines please, just the number
of the contest.) On the right side please indicate member or non-member
5. All poems, index card, entry fee and SASE should be contained in one 9" x 12" envelope.
6. Winners in the PSO Annual Spring Contest will be announced at the March Awards Banquet .
NOTE: For more information on individual categories regarding form
requirements or poem example; contact either the sponsor of that category or
Mikki Pennington, email@example.com.
(We also recommend that you read Lewis Turco's, The Book of Forms or other authorized books on forms)
Mail entries together in one envelope with contest fees and index card to:
Mikki Pennington, Contest
P. O. Box 7842
Moore, OK 73153-1842