1. Members are required to send a flat fee of $5.00 to enter any and/or all categories.
2. All poems must be original, unpublished, not having won a First place prize in any PSO contest.
3. Unpublished poems which have not been accepted for
publication prior to the PSO contest entry deadline of November 30, 2012,
are eligible to be entered into the Annual PSO 2012 Contest.
4. Contestants not complying with rules may be prohibited from
entering these and future contests at the discretion of
the Executive Board.
5. By entering, contestants acknowledge PSO may read and make a copy
of winning poems for use by the organization in Annual
Awards Banquet Records. However, all rights remain with the author and no winning poem will be published by PSO (without
authors express permission).
6. Send one poem per category, one page per poem. Exceptions are: Categories with 'no line limit'.
7. Submit a different poem for each category entered.
8. Packets for the PSO Annual Spring Contest may be picked up after the Awards Banquet in March, Workshop Contest and National Poetry Day Contest packets will be returned after their respective Awards presentations in July and October. Packets without SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE and/or PROPER RETURN POSTAGE. will NOT be mailed. These packets will be will be destroyed.
9. Winning checks over 60 days old will not be honored.
10. MEMBERS -
Be sure to include a flat $5.00 fee
for entry into any or all categories.
for Non-PSO Members
Certain contest categories have been designated as "Open to All"
A. Non-Members are those who have not paid dues to PSO for the current year: Regular $20.00 per year, Student $7.50 per year.
A membership form can be obtained
through the Membership Coordinator and at our website:
Annual dues and the form should be mailed to:
DO NOT SEND CONTEST ENTRIES TO MIKKI, ENTRIES SHOULD BE SENT TO THE CONTEST CHAIR. SEE CATEGORY PAGES...
Mikki Pennington, Membership Coordinator
B. Non-members who join PSO will need to pay the $5.00 fee to enter
any or all categories, in addition to dues.
C. An entry fee of three dollars ($3.00) per contest entry must accompany Non-Member submissions. Please do NOT send cash! Make personal checks, cashier checks, or money orders payable to Poetry Society of Oklahoma.
1. Provide two (2) copies of each poem. On one copy only, include name
and address in the upper right corner.
Do Not put name and address on the second copy!
2. Type all poems single-spaced (double space between stanzas) on 8½"
x 11" white paper. NOTE: If "Form" is listed as Poet's Choice,
and a specific form is used, please state type of form on page.
3. Type the number and name of category in the upper left corner of each poem page.
4. Include one cover sheet:
A. On cover sheet, type name and address in the upper right corner.
B. Non-Member should be included on the cover sheet of any entry other than PSO members.
C. Skip a few lines. On the left side, type number and name of category. ON THE SAME LINE, right side of page type title of poem.
D. On the next line, (directly below number and name of category, and title) indent a few spaces and type the first line or phrase of poem
between quote marks.*
Category #00 - Name of Category Title of Poem
"this is the first line or phrase of your poem"
5. All poems, cover sheet, entry fee and SASE should be contained in one 9" x 12" envelope.
6. Winners in the PSO Annual Spring Contest will be announced at the March Awards Banquet.
NOTE: For more information on individual categories regarding form
requirements or poem example; contact either the sponsor, or M. Pennington,
P. O. Box 7842, Moore, Oklahoma 73153-1842 or via email at email@example.com.
(We also recommend that you read Lewis Turco's, The Book of Forms or other authorized books on forms)