Welcome to Macro Haters.
Below is lots of good information for Macro Haters.
To hunt down and DESTROY Macro
Miners anywhere they appear in The
Who's putting this together:
Instructions For Killing Macroers:
- Identify pilots as Macroers through the criteria
- Post the Names and Locations of suspected
macroers in this channel. Await confirmation from
another member of this channel. If two people
believe a pilot is Macro Mining, then chances are
that they are.
- Put together a group of nearby people to fly a
suicide mission against these macroers.
- KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL
How to Spot a Macro Miner:
- Create an alt character so you dont loose ships
/ security rating using the instructions
- Load out a Kestrel with 4 Standard 1 or
Malkuth rocket launchers (or whichever are the
cheapest) and rockets of your choice. Assistance
with this step (i.e. free stuff) can be obtained from
those running this coalition.
- In groups of at least 4 characters, warp to
macroers, orbit as close as possible, simultaneously
lock and fire rockets as fast as possible. Use
Hotkeys F1, F2, F3, F4 to speed things up.
What to do if nobody else is on:
- Approach thier can, open it. If the contents
are not stacked (i.e. the can is a mess), this is a
good indication of a macro miner.
- Macro Miners are almost always members of
NPC corporations to avoid War Declarations. Also,
they generally do not have a bio.
- Macroers usually sign on and off in large
groups. If you add them to your friends list you
can see this occuring.
- Macro Miners mine the rocks closest to them
regardless of the value of the other asteroids in
their current belt.
- Language barriers prevent some players from
responding to hails. While a lack of response may
indicate that a person is using a Macro program, It
is NOT a guaranteed method of identifying them.
- Switch to your suicide character.
- Approach the can that the macroer is filling in a
- Open the can and steal some of the contents.
This will give them Kill Rights but most Macroers
will not attack.
- Jettison your cargo. Set the name to match
the Macroers Can.
- Transfer all of the contents of thier can into
With any luck, they will continue to mine into your
can. If not, or when the can is full, switch back
to your main character and haul the can. This will
give your alt kill rights on your main, but WILL
NOT affect your Sec status. You can calso have
a friend haul for you.
If the macroers fire at you, you will get kill rights
and will not have to worry about concord. Feel
free to do as you wish to them. The same is true
if their hauler attempts to haul your can.