POWER PULLING PRODUCTIONS LLC
8,000 LB OPEN STREET DIESEL 4 X 4 TRUCKS
- This is an open street legal 4 x 4 truck class available to owners of trucks that are legal for highway use. If your truck is street legal and is built to the rules set forth herein, you can enter this class. Your registration papers are required to prove that the truck is licensed for street use in the state where licensed. A license plate with a current sticker tag is required to be affixed to the truck. Registration paper, license plate and sticker tag must match. Trucks may be hauled to the pull.
- Motor changes that increase horsepower over and above the factory rated horsepower or that increase RPMs over and above the factory rated range will be limited to changing of chips, air intake system (K & N and others) and exhaust systems. Only O.E.M. injection pumps allowed.
- No studded tires, tire chains or any tire not specifically intended for street use are permitted. All tires must carry a D.O.T. number on the sidewall. No cut, altered or sharpened tires. Trucks with dual rear wheels (2wd or 4wd) may enter and run in this class.
- Front bumpers must be UNALTERED if factory stock. No hanging weighted front devices are permitted but homemade bumpers, brush guards and winch brackets and brackets for snow plow frames are permitted so long as no modifications that would add weight are determined. Homemade bumpers and brush guards must be HOLLOW. A truck is permitted to compete without any front bumper.
- The hitch point will be from the rear bumper only or from a “REESE TYPE” Hitch on a level plane with the point of attachment to the truck’s frame behind the pumpkin of the rear end. No other types of hitches are permitted. No angled, lever, pivot, axis or other types of ‘TRICK’ hitches are allowed and the hitch must be stationary in all directions. The hook point must be the furtherest point to the back of the truck. Hook point must be past the bed of the truck if there is no bumper, or past the end of the bumper. Each truck driver must supply a twisted clevis that will accommodate a minimum of 3.5 inches across the opening to accept sled hook.
Hitch height will be determined by turbo size (see chart below)
|TURBO SIZE||HITCH HEIGHT||WEIGHT
|stock turbo||26"||8,000 lb|
|2 x 6 turbo||24"||8,000 lb|
|2 x 8 turbo||22"||7,800 lb|
** 2 x 8 turbo trucks must have all safety equipment **
- No aluminum engine blocks are permitted unless O.E.M. No open headers will be allowed. Pump diesel is the only fuel permitted. Absolutely no alcohol, nitrous oxide propane or other oxygen extenders. Headers are approved. Cross Bolts – PPL Specs – ( nearest to the charger) are required if no muffler is used. NO superchargers are allowed. Exhaust may not exit to the side of the vehicles (towards the grandstand area). Engine swaps between manufacturers are not permitted. Duallies using gasoline as fuel may enter this class. Street legal gasoline trucks (unable to make weight for the 6200 lbs class) may enter with permission of officials.
- No solid suspensions are permitted. Suspension must have a minimum of two inches of movement at all times. No blocks are allowed between axle housing and truck frame THAT WOULD RESTRICT the necessary two inches of movement. Lift kits are acceptable.
- Truck must be stock in appearance. Floor in bed must be solid. The wheelbase must not be changed from original manufacturer. Wooden flatbeds are permitted.
- The transmission and transfer case must be O.E.M and available in one ton (or smaller) pick up trucks.
- It is highly recommended driver wear helmet when pulling.
- Operation of contest to follow current Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League Rule Book.