1. The OEM chassis is mandatory. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, backhalf conversions, tube chassis are prohibited. Maximum wheelbase 158” and 102” maximum width.
2. The body must be the OEM truck body, including the full bed floor. No flatbeds permitted. The body must retain the full sheet metal, after market hoods permitted. The hood must be closed and securely latched while hooked to the sled.
3. Front hanging weights are allowed, not to exceed 60 inches forward of the centerline of the front axle. This will be measured by center of the front wheels to end of weight assembly. Ballast may be added in the bed of the truck, but securely fastened. Maximum weight 8000#.
4. All drivers must have valid state driver’s license and full SFI firesuit. (See General Rules) which includes helmet. Seat belt/restraint system must be worn.
5. All trucks must have at least six inch wide u-joint shields around the rear u-joint constructed of at least 5/16 inch steel or 3/8 aluminum that will safely contain the u-joint and the end of the rear driveshaft. All shield must be securely mounted to the vehicle. Any front shaft u-joint that is visible from the side of the truck must be shielded to contain the u-joint and the end of the shaft.
6. The engine is limited to stock appearing, engine can be interchanged between Dodge, Ford, and GM as long as they came in a one ton truck or less from the factory. Complete engine must have stock appearance except where otherwise noted in these rules. Front of engine block can be no farther forward than 17” of centerline of front axle. Engine must have cable surrounding engine block and head. The cable is 3/8 diameter located between #1 and #2 cylinders. Cables must pass through manifolds. Cable will have 4 to 6 inches of slack. There will be two clamps at splice. NO aftermarket blocks permitted.
7. Cylinder head must be OEM or OEM replica for that brand engine. Outside of cylinder head must measure factory width and length, Head must retain OEM valve angle.
8. All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward. Two-3/8 inch diameter bolts must be place through the exhaust pipe in a cross-pattern within one inch of each other, within 12 inches of the turbo.
9. A fire extinguisher system is permitted. 2.5 #Fire extinguisher must be securely mounted. A complete OEM firewall is mandatory.
10. The complete OEM floor pan is mandatory.
11. Hand throttles permitted. Diesel fuel only. (See Fuels for specs.) No propane or NO2 permitted or any other oxygen enhancers. Racing fuels cells permitted.
12. Maximum of one p7100 pump limited to one plunger per cylinder. The use of multiple high pressure common rail fuel pumps is legal. Powerstroke engine may utilize a second HPOP. 13. Hook point to be no closer than 44” of centerline of rear axle, hitch height maximum of 26”, with a minimum of 3.75X3.0” opening. Hitch point must be easily accessed. No “trick” type hitches permitted. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be frame mounted. Hitch must be centerline of rear axle or behind. Hitch must not exceed a maximum of 25°angle from pivot point to hook point. No hitch supports or adjusters fastened to the rear axle housing shall be above the centerline of the rear axle. Pivot pin of drawbar can be no farther forward than the centerline of the rear axle. Secondary hitches are required. A minimum of 3/8” thick and twelve inches below primary is required. Opening to be the same as primary hitch.
14. Axle shields are required. Shield to be .060” thickness steel or aluminum. Shield not be mount to axle ends or hub bolts. A hole may be cut in one to allow locking in of hubs.
15. Safety switch (rain cap or guillotine) must shut-off air to diesel motors. Switch will be securely mounted to the back of the vehicle. Ring at rear of truck, minimum of two inch diameter solid ring, which the zip tie will tie to rigid point on truck. For any cases of re-pull, zip tie must be broken.
16. Hydraulic steering permitted.
17. Suspension- The upper mounting point for strut assemblies must be in the factory location.
Adjustable caster/camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be
strengthened provided factory –mounting points to chassis are maintained. The lower mounting
point for the strut assembly may be modified for improved caster or camber. Strut tower braces,
lower tie bars, and limit straps permitted. Traction bars and devices permitted
17b. Lowering or raising the vehicle height with suspension modifications permitted; must be bolt on only, welds permitted for attachment to frame or axle housing. Sway bars, limit straps and camber kits permitted. Traction bars and devices permitted. Blocked suspension permitted. No air bags.
18. Must be DOT approved tire. Maximum height 35 inches. No studded tires or chains. No alterations to tires permitted. No bar or terra tires. No front duals on front axle.
19. Drivetrain will consist of the following: Any front axle, transmission, transfer case, rear axle permitted. No planetaries permitted.
20. SFI bell housing and/or SFI blowproof bell housing required.
21. The turbocharger is smooth faced intake housing, limited to a 3.0” inlet, (no map ring) with all air entering through the 3.0” intake opening. Intake wheel must protrude 1/8th inch inside of opening.
22. Water injection is prohibited. All components must be removed from the truck.
23. Intercoolers are allowed. Dumping/draining intercoolers without a catch pan within 100 feet of track is prohibited.