I got tagged by a bunch of folks over on Facebook for this, and I figure it'll make some sort of a blog post. Plus, it'll mean I don't have to come up with anything original for my 3rd blog post of the month... ;)
1. According to many folks I know, this list could go wwaaayyyy longer than only 25 "random things". (To paraphrase Mark: Really? Only 25? About YOU???)
2. It seems that I have a congenital lack of tact. (That's why *certain* friends call me "Queen of Blunt".)
3. As a child, I was so shy that I hid under the bed from relatives.
4. I think that now I over-compensate for #3.
5. Most people intimidate me, however.
6. Today, I am, literally, twice the woman I was when I was in college.
7. I'm not real proud of #6.
8. Dark chocolate is my friend.
9. I like to audition for plays, but prefer working tech to actually performing.
10. I *hate* to cry in public.
11. I used to think that I wanted to work with kids. Then I reproduced. (But I do love my kids, even though they make me crazy most days! :) )
12. My Nana taught me to crochet when I was 4.
13. I probably watch too much TV, but it helps me to be aware of the time when I'm on the computer or knitting or crocheting.
14. When I listen to music, THAT is what I'm doing - *listening*. I don't do well with "background" music because I pay too much attention to it, so it doesn't stay in the background.
15. I taught myself to knit when my sister was pregnant with her first child. I gave her a bunch of pattern books full of baby things and told her I'd make what ever she wanted for the baby. Turns out she choose a knitted bootie pattern. (98% crochet patterns in the pile, and she picks the knit...)
16. I wish I could make a decent wage by knitting &/or crocheting.
17. I'm currently crocheting 65 (or so) kippot (yarmulkes) for my friend's second son's bar mitzvah. (I sewed the kippot for the first son.) And I'll do it again in a few years for her third son and for her daughter's bat mitzvah. It's my gift for them.
18. I hate weaving in the ends when I knit &/or crochet.
19. I love animals, but I'm *very* allergic to anything with fur, feathers, or fuzz. So my kids had sea moneys for almost 2 years.
20. I love to cook.
21. I HATE to clean up afterwards.
22. Come to think of it, I'm not so fond of any sort of cleaning.
23. But when I have the time to "do it right", I find laundry to be relaxing.
24. I absolutely LOVE food. (Hmmm..maybe that's what led to #6.) I'll try *almost* any kind of food.
25. I have a collection of collections: Keychains, Elephants, Baskets, Yarn....
If you'd like to play along, feel free...