Chapter 2, part 2: A New Player Is Introduced and New Forces
Show Their Faces
* l`Aquila Nicolo places the crossbow by the door as
he opens it for Azurarosa. "Ah, Signora Quinzio. . . Buono Sera"
* Azurarosa_di`Quinzio smiles for Nicolo and nods a greeting to him. "good day, how fares
you Nicolo?" she asks as she makes her way into the Lodge. She's bathed
and ladied up, wearing a gown of rich maroon with a cream coloured
chemise underneath that peeks out where her sleeves are fastened shut with
silver coloured fine cords. There is a silver cross at her throat rests gently on her chest, and
a fan folded in one hand of clean white lace. Her blue eyes are merry, and
smile is warm and welcoming.
* l`Aquila Nicolo closed the door behind Quinzio,
Fiorenzi sat by the fire reading a rutter. He stood as Azurarosa entered
"Signora, radiant as ever. Finally let you out of the Arsenal to join us
for the evening, no?"
* Azurarosa_di`Quinzio chuckles. "Finally yes, something about not being
part of the fixtures or some nonsense so they shooed me out."
she gives Fiorenzi a polite and happy curtsey reflexively when she
<l`Aquila> There is the sound of shouting upstairs from the council
chambers. The interior of the Lodge is like a jeweled box, darkly
wooden with fine carpets on the floor from the Arab lands. . . portraits
on the walls of the new style, oils and chiaroscuro. . . the fresco on
the wall had a scene of water, lit by lantern that never seemed to go out.
Gold and silver artifacts littered shelves, near mountains of books
and rutters. . . a gathering place for the local explorators
* Rosalva_Solario will come into the lodge she wears all black and
a fine mourning veil she will put down the hood of her cloak as she
* l`Aquila Fiorenzi looks up as he says "It sounds as
if Signor Loredan is in his meeting with Motressor. . . They've been up
for hours. . . "
* l`Aquila Nicolo lets Rosalva into the door saying
"Signora Solario, so pleased to see you. Shall I let the chef know that
be joining us for supper this evening?"
* Azurarosa_di`Quinzio bites her lip and nooooods largely before
glancing to the door to Rosalva. She smiles and nods a greeting to the
<Rosalva_Solario> Did I come at a Poor Hour?
* l`Aquila Nicolo shakes his head as he says "As
opposed to another hour? At least it is not a night when Captain Marzani
returned. Thank the Lord he is still in Spain. . . "
* l`Aquila "At least while Captain di Coarle is in the
* Rosalva_Solario will take off her cloak and curtsey to the room
and pass the coat off to whomever takes it for her.
* l`Aquila The fat man in red storms down the stairs,
followed by another man. Where the first man has jeweled fingers and a
chest, the second had a square jaw, a dull and narrowed eye, French
features and dark hair, he has the build of a warrior, and the plodding
step of a Templar.
* Azurarosa_di`Quinzio was about to return Rosalva's curtsey when
the storm comes down the stairs; looking to the man storming down as
she makes sure she isn't blocking any path he might take.
* Rosalva_Solario will move to get out of the way of the man
storming out she stands to the side and curtsies politely.
* l`Aquila The Knight wore a chestplate, and his robes
bore the symbol of the cross. " It is Blasphemy, Loredan to dare so high
move so far without proper respect. The spear MUST be secured. His
eminence is firm on that position."
* Rosalva_Solario frowns a bit from behind her veil and merely
move herself off to the side.
* l`Aquila Signore Loredan turns and shouts at the
Knight "Cavaliere Montressor, Pace et silenzio. The spear will be secured,
as the ship is ready to be sent. By the end of the WEEK"
* Rosalva_Solario will hold her hands together staying out of the
* l`Aquila The knight stared coldly at Loredan saying
" Not soon enough. In a week dell'Oro will be in Crete, and then
days beyond. Then it's only a matter of time. The ship must leave tonight!
* Azurarosa_di`Quinzio is quiet as a mouse, staying way the hell
out of this one as she stands to the side and finds something to fiddle
with; her hands needing something to keep them busy. >.>
* l`Aquila Signore Loredan, exhales and turns to
Azurarosa di Quinzio. "Technico Quinzio, you have worked on the ship. How
it is ready?"
* Azurarosa_di`Quinzio has a sparkle of excitement flash in her
blue eyes as she looks to Signore Loredan, barely containing her
excitement while she answers. "She can be safely birthed in 5 days time,
Signore." 4 she grins with glee and excitement ........ yah you can see
why she was shooed out of the Arsenal, she was probably hastling her crew
to take extra care with the ship while trying to get them to speed up
at the same time. She hadn't
gotten out much, she was pouring her entire soul into this ship.
* l`Aquila The knight shakes his head saying "Not
soon enough. . . it must be tonight. Unless your magic vessel can make the
Venice to Jerusalem in three days!
<Rosalva_Solario> It could.
* Rosalva_Solario says very quietly.
* l`Aquila Signior Loredan looks to Quinzio saying
"Thank you, Signiora Technico. . . I am certain the ship will be suitable.
it will cut heavily into the profits of the voyage to send it on such an
* Ulrich-Von`Riesen knocked upon the Lodge door..
* Azurarosa_di`Quinzio looks to the knight strangely. "of course
she can, I have the utmost faith in her signore. But we must still take
due care, lest we risk losing everything. Good things come in due time, I
assure you." She smiles warmly to him.
* l`Aquila Montressor glares at Loredan saying "This
is more important than money. It is an act of faith, and an act of polity.
the heretics find the Spear, then it would harm the church, and if the
church suffers in such a way then it loses its influence, and thus
Europe is splintered. The Spear would Catalyze the Protestants " Nicolo
opens the door.
* l`Aquila Nicolo nods to Ulrich saying "Ah, welcome
Herr von Reisen, Sir Montressor has come calling."
* Rosalva_Solario will play with her hands somewhat happy to have
been over looked.
* Rosalva_Solario will try to move farther into the lodge to get
away from the door.
* Ulrich-Von`Riessen nodded curtly to those assembled...he was
girded tonight for battle...as he moved the tell tail clink of Chain mail
came from his tunic...from his hip hung a Swiss landsknecht hand musket.
The other had a Broadsword...oddly enough the sword had a compound hilt.
tucked beneath it in a odd sort of multi stepped sheath was a Italian
slashing sword...and tucked on the side of the gun..a warhammer
* l`Aquila Signior Loredan shakes his head as he says
"I understand the concerns of his eminence, however this is a far distant
possibility. You overstate the abilities of dell'Oro." He looks at Rosalva
saying "So, Signora Solario, you are a rational woman. Is it worth
postponing our maiden voyage to the stars to help Sir Montressor and the
Cardinal Galistin to find a holy relic?"
* Rosalva_Solario will stop and turn around to look between them
<Rosalva_Solario> Is it being purposed that we take a different
* l`Aquila Signior Loredan smiles as he says "On the
contrary. It is the same ship. Our Skyrigger will go to Jerusalem. . .
than to the moon."
<Rosalva_Solario> I could check to see if the voyage could be made
in three days.
<Rosalva_Solario> I am not the ships Captain Signore Loredan.
* Ulrich-Von`Riessen eyed the assembled people....bowed briefly to
the ladies...he jingled when he bowed....in turn he bowed to
Loredan...and then to the Templar....
* l`Aquila Signior Loredan throws up his hands in
exasperation. "Then perhaps after Jerusalem you can stop in China to find
tomb of the Emperor Qin! Or perhaps bombard Doissetep! This is for a
particular journey, no matter what the Cardinal says!"
* l`Aquila Montressor raised a hand in greeting to
* Rosalva_Solario will curtsey to Herr Von Riessen.
* l`Aquila walks up from the back stairway. . . he must have taken
a gondola in the way that Rosalva did the night before. "We go to
Jerusalem, Signior Loredan."
* Azurarosa_di`Quinzio curtsies to the captain when he makes his
* Rosalva_Solario will relax glad that Antonio is there if her
face was unveiled the expression of relief would be unmistakable.
* l`Aquila holds up his hands saying "I agree with Montressor. The
abilities of Magister dell'Oro to be where we do not wish him to be
cannot be underestimated. If he is going to Jerusalem he will find the
spear, and if he finds the spear of Longinus, who knows what he might do
with it. Besides, we need a test run for the Skyrigger," He bows to
Solario, and then to Azura "Azurarosa, a pleasure to see you again. I have
seen what you have done with my ship. . . and I am most impressed."
<l`Aquila> Truly one of the finest vessels I have ever seen.
* Rosalva_Solario will stay where she is Now that she has been
addressed she can't sneak away.
* l`Aquila looks at Rosalva "Can we make the trip in three days?"
* Azurarosa_di`Quinzio smiles with shy modesty, a little twinkle
of knowing in her eye while she watches the captain. "She is beautiful
Captain, she'll do you proud."
* Azurarosa_di`Quinzio looks to Rosalva to see what her thoughts
<Rosalva_Solario> I would need to check to make sure I think so
but I do not with to disappoint Monstressor by being mistaken.
* l`Aquila Montressor seems to relax a bit hearing
this from the Captain. . . they seem to have similar minds on the topic of
spear. . . though upon hearing the question of the three days, he bristles
* l`Aquila Montressor nods as he says "It is not me
who is disappointed, m'lady Solario. . . but Cardinal Galistin. . . "
* l`Aquila Montressor continues, staring forward "And
God himself. . . "
* l`Aquila To see his tools cast into the hands of
* Ulrich-Von`Riessen eyed the Templar...it wasn't aggressive.. that
iron face German was difficult to read..but he looked towards the man
<Rosalva_Solario> I dearly wish not to disappoint them either.
* Rosalva_Solario will touch the cross around her neck gently.
* l`Aquila Montressor crosses himself as Rosalva goes
to the cross around her neck. "I trust that I will not be
have faith the Cardinal will not be disappointed either. I will have
message sent regarding your voyage. . . Jerusalem will be expecting you.
<Ulrich-Von`Riessen> "Sir Montressor..may I speak with you a
moment...privately?" the heavily armed German said in his most friendly
tone...somewhere above a throaty growl...but far below charming
* Rosalva_Solario will nod hold her hands and keep her head down
she will not say anything.
* l`Aquila Montressor glares at Herr von Riesen. "Make
it quick, Herr von Riesen. . . "
<Ulrich-Von`Riessen> "I always do unless paid otherwise... 6 moved
down into another room to speak
* l`Aquila Montressor moves with von Reisen. . .
* l`Aquila looks at the Teuton, then at the angry Loredan. "So,
* Ulrich-Von`Riessen closed a door
<Rosalva_Solario> I would dearly love to be able to sit down.
* l`Aquila Loredan nods and claps his hands saying
"Yes, sitting. Supper then in the council room. Nicolo, arrange for a
table to be
made up for all in the lodge. . . we take supper upstairs."
* l`Aquila Loredan bows saying "Forgiveness Signiora.
. . we go . . ."
* l`Aquila smirks as he glances at the closed door
* Azurarosa_di`Quinzio smiles a little to Loredan, and looks to
<Rosalva_Solario> Should we sit first Signore Loredan?
<Rosalva_Solario> Maybe a drink would help settle everyone's
* l`Aquila Loredan nods saying "As you wish, to the
sitting room for Madera. . ."
* Rosalva_Solario will wait for everyone to travel to the sitting
room. still relaxing.
* l`Aquila Loredan walks towards one of the sitting
room. A comfortable study with windows onto the Canal with many chairs. .
Signiore Loredan brings a carafe of Madera and Brandy pouring a drink for
Solario. . .
* Rosalva_Solario will take the drink and nod to him in thanks and
seat herself elegantly.
<Rosalva_Solario> thank you Signore Loredan.
* Azurarosa_di`Quinzio moves to the sitting room with the others,
to settle herself into a chair as she'd been bustling around all day
... all week.... more than all week?
<Rosalva_Solario> I do not believe we have met yet I am Lady
* l`Aquila walks into the sitting room a minute later. . .
* l`Aquila furrows his eyebrows as he sits himself down. Loredan
pours the drinks for the ladies. . . and then l'Aquila pours a glass for
* Rosalva_Solario looks to the other women and will raise her veil
* l`Aquila settles into his chair. Loredan has a drink silently,
before asking l'Aquila "And what of the moor tonight? Has Moro made all
* Azurarosa_di`Quinzio smiles to Rosalva warmly "Azurarosa di'Quinzio; unless shipboard or working, in which case please call me
Its a pleasure."
* Ulrich-Von`Riessen moved out of the room...and eyed the area....and then
made his way to the sitting room...and poured a brandy
* Azurarosa_di`Quinzio is called off to the side by one of their
lodge mates who works under her on the ship (no jokes about the pun please
boys), and politely excuses herself to tend to business
*Rosalva_Solario will settle back and sit her drink.
* Ulrich-Von`Riessen sips his brandy...and adjusts the menagerie of
weapons he carries on his body
<Ulrich-Von`Riessen> Brandy is good..." drank
* Rosalva_Solario will look into her glass in a thoughtful manner.
End of Chapter 3.