|Network management||SNMP, Spectrum, Splunk, NetScout, HammerHead, Cisco, routing protocols|
Telecommunications||Basic knowledge of :
Atm, xDsl, Dwdm,
Sonet / Sdh, VoIP, SIP, H232,
RSVP, MPLS, VPNLabel Switching,
IPv6, multimedia, LAN, Ethernet,
|Telecom Equipment|| Network
testing equipment : InterWatch 9500 (GN NetTest), IPPacket Storm 2600 (TestWorx),
|Systems||Unix/Linux, MVS, OS/400, Windows|
|Unix/Windows||C/C++/C#, Java, HTML, XML,Assembler/IBM, Pascal, Modula3, Dyl-280,
VDM-SL, Perl, Unix scripts / utilities (Awk), Corba (OnmiOrb, Tao), Python,
|Relational Databases||MS Access, Ingres, SQL, 4GL|
|Database Models||Relational Algebra,
Tuple and Domain Relational Calculus|
|Methodologies||UML, OMT, VDM|
|Software||Silverrun, DTSearch, Brief, Vi, MS Office,
|Mainframes||Cobol, JCL, DB/2, CICS, PL/I, TSO/ISPF, MicroFocus WorkBench|
|Midrange||CL, RPG/400, RPG IV, Query/400, Client Access, Cobol/400, DB2/400.|
Network Specialist 2011 - present
MORGAN STANLEY, Montreal.
- Used and maintained the network monitoring tools;
- Developed company automation tools and scripts for network monitoring.
- Maintained and upgraded network monitoring tools.
Tools used:Cisco network equipment, Spectrum, Splunk, NetScout, HammerHead, etc.
Languages: Perl, UNIX shells, XML, HTML, etc.
Quality Assurance Specialist 2010 - 2011
NOKIA, INC., Montreal.
- Tested Internet applications and services (Social networks);
- Wrote test scripts for automated QA testing;
- Developed company automation tools for testing;
- Created test cases, test sequences and test scenarios.
Technologies used:UNIX shells, Windows Office, Company tools for automated testing, etc.
Languages: Java, XML, etc.
Intern -- Testing Specialist 2003 - 2006
CISCO SYSTEMS, INC., Montreal.
- Desgned and developed tools for automated testing of network devices;
- Coordinated a Network management research group from the University of Quebec at Montreal (the LTIR Laboratory;
Technologies used:Cisco IOS, Unix, Company tools for automated testing, etc.
Languages: C#, XML
System Test Specialist 2000 - 2002
MIRANDA TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
GENERAL DATACOMM, INC., Montreal.
- Wrote and ran testing scripts for multimedia network equipments and products;
- Tested ATM equipments used for multimedia teleconferencing.
- Used SNMP and scripts for testing the ATM technology.
- Created test sequences and scenarios.
- Used ATM-networks specific hardware (switches), software and standards.
- Worked with LAN technology and network equipment (switches,
IP Packet Storm 2600 / TestWorx, InterWatch 9500 / GN
Technologies used:Unix / SunOS / Solaris, Windows, ATM, IP, Corba / OmiOrb / Tao, SNMP.
Languages: Python, Perl, Snmx, Unix shells and utilities (Awk).
Programmer/analyst 1998 - 1999
COGNICASE, INC., Montreal.
- Converted and certified client programs and databases for Y2K;
- Validated the dates, the bridges, the windows and the conversion logics.
Conversion types : optimal and minimal, manual and automatic;
types of logics : free logics and logical cycle.
Manually converted programs written in the logical-cycle language Dyl-280.
- Used and developed tools and validated the results
(using Grep, Awk, Brief, Excel, MS Access, various software and company tools).
Technologies used: Unix, Windows, MVS.
Languages: Cobol, Dyl-280, JCL.
CANADIAN THERMOSTATS AND CONTROL DEVICES, INC., Montreal.
- Managed the database of the manufacturing department;
- Supervised the manufacturing process and performed QC;
Ph. D. in Computer Engineering 2009
ECOLE POLYTECNHIQUE, Montreal;
Research topic: validation of network device configurations.
Master in Computer Science 2002
CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY, Montreal.
Graduate Diploma in Computer Science 1997
CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY, Montreal.
English (TOEFL: 643), French, Italian, Spanish, German and Russian.
- Ten articles published in major Network Management conferences;
- Three articles published in or submitted to major journals in the field;
- One book on Network Management.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada: $42000;
- TD Canada Trust: $5000.