And Vacation Planning
Everything You Need To Plan Your Next Trip Or Vacation
Bringing You The Best Travel Values And Deals Possible
With The Most Popular & Recognized Internet Travel Websites
For Your Own Personal Travel Needs- Check Them All Out And Compare
Irv's Luggage Warehouse - Travel Tips
Irv's Travel Tips
||Money, Documents, Passports
- Talk to your travel agent about any shots or health
precautions. Anything required?
- If shots are required, plan in advance with your
physician. This should enable you to avoid any side effects as you travel.
- If medication is required, carry 2 sets, one in your
luggage, and one with you.
- Also keep prescription labels with you for replacement.
- Some travel time should be devoted for Rest and
relaxation. A travel pillow and/ or eye mask is very helpful.
- Before and all through your journey drink plenty of
water and get a lot of rest. To readjust to the time zones, take short naps. This is the
- Check out the US State Department home page to see the
latest updates on the country you are visiting, to be up to date on the health and
political bulletins, and for other important travel information.
- Be aware of language use, dining etiquette along with
appropriate dress and other customs associated with where you are in the world. This will
contribute greatly to the success of your trip.
Money, Documents, Passports
- Copies of passports, visas, and any other important
documents should be made in case of loss or theft.
- Some foreign currency should be purchased ahead of
traveling abroad for ground transportation and tipping. You can stop by your local bank
to exchange up a small amount of foreign currency before you travel abroad.
- Click here to go to check the current foreign
exchange rate for your travel destination.
- Pack tightly. Packing loosely wastes precious
space and causes clothes to wrinkle.
- Use a divider shelf to separate accessories,
irregularly shaped items, and shoes from your garments.
- You may also want to stuff your shoes with underwear
or socks so they won't be crushed during your travels.
- Suits, dresses, shirts, and blouses should be packed
in a plastic dry cleaner bags to limit wrinkling.
- Roll pajamas, nightgowns, sweaters, and other casual
wear to fill small spaces when possible, BUT don't cram your suitcase full. If you
have to force your luggage to close, remove a few items to prevent broken hinges or
zippers along the way.
- Try the "interweaving method" of
packing for your next trip. Drape longer garments such as dresses and pants around the
suitcase with the ends hanging over the sides. Then fold shorter items such as jackets,
shirts and blouses around the longer garments so that the clothes cushion each other.
Placing a piece of tissue paper between each layer of clothing will help prevent
- Pack each item one at a time in a clockwise
direction. When you have filled the bottom of the suitcase, begin the next layer
packing each item in a counter clockwise direction. In this way, you will form one
complete package of your clothes, eliminating wrinkles and securing all of your contents.
- Always carry your travel documents, medication,
jewelry, traveler's checks, keys and other valuables in your hand luggage. These items
should NEVER be packed in luggage you plan to check.
- To avoid travel delays when you depart check with the Transportation Security Administration to verify
that the items you are carrying on the plane are allowed onto the aircraft. You'll find a complete list of prohibited
items on TSA website.
- Lock your luggage to avoid accidental opening due
to rough handling or cabin pressure, and carry the keys in your hand luggage.
- Remove old claim checks to avoid confusing
baggage handlers about your current destination.
- Identify your luggage both inside and outside
with your name, address and telephone number, and make sure the outside tag is securely
fastened to your luggage.
- Airport security has changed dramatically since the tragic
events of September 11, 2001. To ensure you get through security check points and to avoid travel delays,
be sure to check the Transportation Security Administration's Tips for Travelers and Consumers
before you fly.
Irv's Luggage Warehouse -- Lowest Prices Guaranteed!
Hi, I'm Irv, the president of Irv's Luggage Warehouse. Some people say I've got luggage in my blood. I don't know, but.... I'll tell you what I do know....
At Irv's you can expect superior products, the most competitive prices and the best personalized service anywhere... guaranteed!
From luggage and business cases to backpacks, duffels and travel accessories, Irv's Luggage Warehouse carries
the top brand names at the lowest prices around!
As a family-owned company for over 53 years, we take personal pride in our business and we'll do almost anything to make sure our customers are completely satisfied.
Our sales associates are experienced and knowledgeable and ready to help you with any questions you may have.
In fact, we guarantee our prices are the lowest you'll find or you get 110% of your money back. Plus, you'll
receive FREE SHIPPING on all purchases of $100 or more!
VeriSign verified secure online shopping. All major credit cards are accepted to make your shopping quick and easy.
Click here to shop and save today!