A muffin recipe for Passover? Yes, they exist. For the muffin recipe on this page, an orange, dates, and raisins are included in the muffin recipe and the matzo meal stands in as the substitute for wheat flour which of course would be used at any time other than during the Passover / Pesach festival. This muffins recipe and the resulting Passover muffin creation is ideal for a Passover / Pesach breakfast, and is one of many Passover / Pesach breakfast recipes we offer on our website.
Muffins Recipe For Passover (Preparation time: 15 to 20 minutes; Processing time: 1 minute; Baking time: 20 minutes per batch)
4 cups matzo farfel
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 large orange, stem end removed
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup raisins
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 tablespoons matzo meal
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Instructions for the Passover Muffins recipe:
- Soak the matzo farfel in warm water until softened, about 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Insert metal blade in dry food processor.
- Strip off rind of orange with vegetable peeler, allowing strips to fall into container.
- Add sugar and process until rind is finely ground.
- Juice the orange.
- Add juice (1/2 cup) and pulp (discard seeds and pith) to processor.
- Add dates and raisins and process until mixture is finely ground; set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, oil, matzo meal and cinnamon to processor and pulse several times to mix; add to ground fruit in bowl.
- Add drained farfel to bowl and stir well. Mixture will be thick.
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius or Centigrade).
- Put 16 paper muffin cups in muffin tins.
- Fill cups with 1/4 cup mounds of farfel mixture.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Cool on cake rack in muffin tins.
Makes 16 muffins.