Try this lemon chiffon recipe in chocolate cups for the Passover / Pesach festival! The following recipe for lemon chiffon is just one of many creative dessert recipes that one can serve at the Passover / Pesach Seder or at any supper during the Passover / Pesach festival.
Lemon Chiffon In Chocolate Cups Recipe
7 eggs, separated
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons potato starch
2 cups cold water
16 (2 1/2-inch or 6.35-centimeter) dark chocolate cups
Instructions for the Lemon Chiffon In Chocolate Cups Recipe:
- Beat egg yolks until light colored; add 1 cup of the sugar and continue beating until pale and thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Grate rind from lemons; squeeze and strain juice.
- Add rind and all but 1 teaspoon of juice to yolks and transfer to the top of a double boiler set over simmering water.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Dissolve potato starch in 1/2 cup of the water.
- Blend in remaining water and pour into lemon mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until evenly thickened, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let cool.
- Cover the surface with plastic wrap and chill if making ahead.
- Beat egg whites with lemon juice to soft peaks.
- Begin adding remaining sugar while continuing to beat to stiff peaks.
- Stir about a quarter of the meringue into lemon mixture, then fold lemon and meringue together gently.
- If making ahead, cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, arrange chocolate cups on large flat serving plate; pile lemon filling into cups and serve.
Makes 16 desserts of lemon chiffon in chocolate cups. There is also a little filling that will be left over for the cook to sample.