Concerning seeking forgiveness from Allah Ta’aala and Intercession by of Rasuluallah Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam
After discussing the life of Rasuluallah Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam, his perfection and exalted status Allamah Busairi (R.A) in this chapter seeks forgiveness from Allah Ta’aala through the intercession and Waseela (agency) of Rasuluallah Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam. Allamah Busairi (R.A) says that his life was wasted in sin and disobedience, he regrets his misdeeds and turns towards Allah Ta’aala seeking forgiveness and repentance. He uses this poem as a Waseela (agency) through Rasuluallah Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam to gain acceptance in the court of Allah.
- I served him with praise, by means of which I ask to be pardoned.
- The sins of a life passed in poetry and serving (other)
- As these two have garlanded me with that consequences which I fear.
- As though I am due to it (poetry and serving others) a sacrificial animal.
- I obeyed the misleading passions of youth in both conditions and I did not
- I achieved but sin and remorse.
- O the great regret of my soul in its transaction.
- It did not purchase Deen with the world, nor had I negotiated for it.
- The person who sells his future for his present.
- His being defrauded in the sale and its negotiation.
- If I had committed any sin my covenant is not (likely to be) violated.
- With my Nabi Rasuluallah Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam and nor is my rope broken.
- For verily I have a security from him due to my name.
- (Being) Muhammad, while he is the most faithful of mankind in fulfilling his promise.
- If at my resurrection, he should not take me by my hand
- Out of kindness, then say O the slipping of my foot.
- I seek the sanctuary (in Allah) that he should deprive one who is hopeful of his graces.
- Or that his neighbour (follower) returned from him dishonoured.
- And since I have devoted my thoughts to his praises.
- I have found him to be best sanctuary for my salvation.
- His bounty will never escape from (my) hand which has been soiled.
- For verily rain causes flowers to bloom on rocks
- And I did seek the flowers (wealth) of the world which were plucked.
- By the hands of Zuhair through his praises of Haram.