Margie Pollock Bridges, a Richards decendent, reviewed this
site and found a link to our RICHARDS line (I have been in contact with
Janice Gruber in WA about this and she may have some information about the
Waple connections!). Margie's file is included here.
Another possible relative is Larry Shick (a possible MUIR decendent), and cousin Ann of the
MUIR line through this web site. Ann decends from George's brother Walter's
line. See her extensive information about both the MUIR brothers who came to
the United States from Dalgetty in Fife, Scotland June 30, 1852 and arrived
in Philadelphia, PA on the ship "Marchioness." See below for additional
As for our cousin Janice (Richards line), her connection is here.
Brief overview of family histories: RICHARDS: John W., born in Wales, ca. 1750 - 1808
Catherine McMullen born ca. 1751 - 1825 Centre Co, PA
George; David R.; Joseph; John Jr.; Ann R. Hopkins;
Elizabeth R. Hopkins; Mary; Sammuel; & Jesse.
RICHARDS: John W., born in Wales, ca. 1750 - 1808
MUIR: Walter and George MUIR (brothers) and wives arrived in Philidelphia
on June 30, 1852 aboard the "Marchioness" from Scotland. They worked for
Glover,Kier & Co. in Bolivar,PA.
George and wife Janet Paterson had a son,
JAMES CONNOR MUIR (b. 1854)
He wife was Nancy Pyretta DEVLIN in 1881. Their children:
and Jessie Pearl.
Now, with cousin Ann's information we also know know that this family began with a WALTER MUIR, born in Fordel, Dalgetty, Fife, Scotland on 29 June 1764. He died in 1832 in Scotland. He married Christian BEVERIDGE (born 19 September 1764 in Scotland). In the same generation, George BEVERIDGE of Scotland (born 8 January 1753) married Janet MUIR (born 3 April 1753). They had daughter Janet BEVERIDGE (born 27 September 1787 in Scotland) who married the sone of Walter and Christian, David G. MUIR (born 17 August 1790 in Scotland, and who died there in 1865). David and Janet had sons Walter and George, who came to Philidelphia....
Nana (Pearl Richards Austin), 1913 - 2002 had a fall September 12, 2000 and
broke her left leg. Nana passed into the hereafter about 10:30 AM on Monday, September 16,
2002 at the Heritage Center in Huntington, WV. A visitation and service were held in Henderson,
WV at the Church of Christ building on Thursday, September 19th and she was interned beside
her husband Lyle L. Austin in the Austin-Hope-McCloud cemetary. Finally, in August 2004, we had her death date enscribed on the monument.
This photo was taken in March or April, 2001 by Susan Evans and her son TJ when they visited with Nana.
2. John Muir (Jackie Halper's Dad and Nana's 1st cousin) died Sunday,
September 8, 2002 at 5:30 pm at the Mariner Rehab
Center near Bel Air, Md. He would have been 90 years old December, 2002.
He died suddenly of a heart attack. His funeral was Saturday, September 14, 2002 and he was buried beside his
wife at the Bel Air Memorial Gardens in Bel Air, Md.
3. Aunt Jan (Florance Janet Richards Keller - an Army nurse during WWII, a mother, a wife, a sister,
a devout Catholic), passed away March 30, 2002 in AZ.
4. Harry Richards (my Nana's youngest sibling) born June 14, died Feb. 14, 2001.
5. Nana's dear friend Imogene McEachern passed away on March 12, 2002.
6. Our famous cousins Bill and Judy are at it again --- Judy writes: "After hearing from Ron Howard Productions - TEXIA- last week about doing props for his new movie, this evening we have our first order for the thing, the usual 2's of this & that to see what they really want to use in quantity. The movie will be THE ALAMO, and is being filmed on location in Dripping Springs, TX, somewhere near the real one. We may not be rich, but our reputation for making a quality "tin cup" among other things is giving us a fun life. " -- WAY TO GO JUDY & BILL! (They have provided realistic period props for many Hollywood movies now).
7. Richard Austin, son of Pearl & my father, has his own web site for his cuneiform
translation project - link below. He has had it translated into many languages. Dad finished a
manuscript which he would like to publish. The setting for his story is the 1950s in rural,
farming country in WV. Dad lives in Tennessee now. I visited him briefly this past summer (2007) while driving out to a friend's retirement ceremony in IL.
9. On December 17, 1999, Judy, a Richards/Muir decendent, and her husband Bill, went to the White House for a special holiday tour
(they were INVITED) and reception for the artisans whoe unique artwork hung on the Blue Room
Christmas Tree! Bill had made some "period" lights from tin!
Judy & Bill have a web site for their tinsmithing products. Visit the link below.
10. I had a house guest for 2 months during the fall of 2000 - Didier Feller from Belgium.
Photo of Didier and the Boys here.
This is the space in PetsMart where I stand and promote Nutro dog and cat foods (www.nutroproducts.com)
Didier left me here in Raleigh - see the photo of our adieu at RDU! (December 2000) Didier and his wife now have a baby son (born July 2007) named Elliott.
Richard Austin's Cuneiform Translations
Mary Sandoval's McCracken lineage research
Cousin Ann's Muir ancestory site!
Burial site of George C. Richards
Austin/Doss family history site
Bill & Judy's Tinsmithing site
McCRACKEN Surname board - Genconnect / Rootsweb