Here's a list of upcoming magic conventions where I will be attending as a dealer:
Saturday, May 10, 2003. Here's the latest update on my second annual convention: White Magic's Second Annual May Magic Spectacular will be held on Saturday, May 10, 2003, from 9:00 A.M. to 10:0 p.m. at the beautiful Barrister's Club, 1114 Walnut Street in Center City Allentown, which is located just minutes off I-78 or Route 22 in Center City Allentown and is conveniently accessible by vehicle from all directions.
Here's the rest of the details:
1. REGISTRATION INFO: Please note that this convention will be limited to the first 200 paid registrations, due to space limitations at the club, so reserve your place by email or telephone and send your check today to the address listed below to guarantee you will have a seat for the events you want. First come, first served!
2. COST: All day adult registrations (age 18 and over) are only $30.00, with a $5.00 discount (net only $25.00) if paid by April 10, 2003. All day youth registrations (ages 10-18) are only $20.00, with a $5.00 discount (net only $15.00) if paid by April 10. Children ages 5-10 are free, but must be accompanied by a paid adult registrant at all times. No one under five will be admitted without advance permission from me (I don't want kids whining or running around at my convention). Daytime passes, good only from 9:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., will be only $20.00 for adults and $10.00 for kids 10-18. Again, children ages 5-10 are free, but must be accompanied by a paid adult registrant. Evening passes, good only from 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. will be only $20.00 for adults, $10.00 for kids/youth 10-18, and free for kids ages 5-10 when accompanied by a paid adult. Dealers may remain open for 30 minutes after the evening show for last minute purchases, but there will be no scheduled events after the show this year.
Dealer registrations are only $75.00, plus one all day adult registration, for a total of $100.00 ($95.00 if paid by April 10), and are limited to 10 spaces, which includes two double booths. Six dealers have already been booked, so if you're a dealer reading this and you want to be at this convention, call or email me right away to reserve your space!
3. SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: Here's the tentative schedule:
8:00-9:00 Dealers and flea market vendors load in;
9:00-10:00 Registration opens and shop dealers and flea market tables;
10:00-12:00 Magic auction;
12:00-1:00 Lunch break and shop dealers and flea market tables;
1:00-2:00 Lecture #1 (Bob Little, "Sex and a pack of cards");
2:00-3:00 Dealer Show;
3:00-4:00 Shop dealers and flea market tables;
4:00-5:00 "An Afternoon of Intimate Magic With Eric DeCamps";
5:00-5:30 Visit with Eric DeCamps and shop dealers and flea market venders;
5:30-6:30 Lecture #2 (Larry Hass, "The Many Magics of the World");
6:30-7:00 Flea Market vendors load out;
6:30-8:00 Dinner Break and shop dealers;
7:30-8:00 Doors open for evening show;
8:00-9:30 Gala Evening Stage Show;
9:30-10:00 Last call for dealers;
10:00 Convention ends.
All times and events are subject to change but are likely to remain the same.
4. DEALERS. There also will be ten (10) quality dealers (see list below) offering a wide variety of magic for sale and a one-hour dealer show, where you can see the best new products demonstrated all in one place. The dealers will be set up in the main convention room. The dealer booths will include one front and one back six-foot banquet table per dealer for display of merchandise. The amount of display space will be less than this year's convention, but there will be fewer dealers and they will be in the main convention room. Again, there will be no requirement that dealers contribute any door prize item, although they are free to do so, and each dealer will be given six (6) minutes to demo their new or favorite items during the one-hour dealer show in the morning. In addition, dealers may put items up for auction (at a reduced commission).
The dealers will include myself, Ed White Magic , Scott Correll (Sorcery With Class), Marty Grams, Sr. (Martini's Magic), Bob Little's Guaranteed Magic, D. Patrick Thomas's Magic & More , Al's Magic, from Washington, D.C., Spotlight Entertainment and Magic Shop.
Dealers will be open during all events, and I have set aside some time where only the dealers will be open, with no other activity to keep you from the obligatory magic shopping.
Please support the dealers, since magic dealers are the lifeblood of magic conventions.
5. FLEA MARKET VENDORS: There will be a few flea market vendors offering new and used magic and some other stuff at (I hope) cheap prices, so if you're not a regular magic dealer and you want to sell stuff at this convention, call or email me right away to reserve your space (and send your check to arrive by April 10th). Flea market vendors may sell used and new merchandise, but no rip-offs of dealer items or copies of videotapes will be allowed. All flea market vendors will receive a free listing in the convention program with their name, telephone number and email address only, if that information is provided to me by April 10th. Flea market tables must be cleared by 7:00 p.m. to prepare the room for the evening show.
6. LECTURES: There will be two lectures during the day, with the lecturers and topics noted above.
7. AUCTION: There will be a two-hour auction of mostly used and some collectible magic and related items. The auction will include new and used magic, books, videos, and maybe even a few used illusions. Auction commissions will be 20 percent of gross sales price for each item for all registrants except for dealers, flea market vendors, lecturers, and performers, who get a reduced rate of only 10 percent on all auction sales - another good reason to reserve a flea market table. Auction participants will be limited to six items or lots (a lot being a group of items sold together), except for me, since the auction is one of the reasons I am having another convention.
8. GALA EVENING STAGE SHOW: There will be a 90-minute gala evening stage show withgreat acts from near and far. The Barrister's Club has a real stage with front curtains and lights, so this should be a great night. Please note that all acts are confirmed but subject to change.
9. SHOW ONLY TICKETS: Depending on the number of day passes and evening passes sold, there may be some show only tickets available for the evening show for non-registrants, such as spouses, children, other family members, friends, and the general public. However, I am hoping that no such tickets will be available (which means my convention would be a sell out). So if you want to guarantee yourself or someone else a seat for the evening show, buy either an all day registration or an evening pass by April 10th. If available, show only tickets will be $10.00 for adults, $5.00 for kids/youth 10-18, and free for kids 5-10. Again, all kids/youth must be accompanied by a paid adult.
10. DINNER BREAK: There will be no banquet, but there will be a scheduled dinner break from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., with plenty of restaurants nearby (several within walking distance), from fast food to fine dining, at reasonable prices. The main convention room will be closed during the dinner break to allow the flea market vendors to load out and to set up for the evening show, but there are several areas to chat in the lobby.
11. POST-SHOW EVENTS: There will be no scheduled events after the evening show, except for last call for the dealers. 12. OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATIONS: Overnight hotel accomodations for the out of town lecturers and/or performers are provided for EITHER Friday night OR Saturday night at a nearby hotel. Accommodations also may be available at other other nearby hotels within a few minutes walk or drive. Check the yellow pages for other hotels in the area. Since this is peak prom and wedding season, hotel rooms are at a premium in the area, so reserve your rooms early if you plan to stay overnight either Friday night or Saturday night.
13. ADMISSIONS POLICY: I reserve the right to refuse admittance to anyone whose actions violate the joint I.B.M. and S.A.M. Statement on Ethics in Magic or otherwise are not in the best interests of magic in general or my convention in particular.
14. REFUNDS: Refunds will be issued only in case of legitimate reasons as determined by me upon written request and will be paid within one week following the convention by credit to the actual credit card used to purchase tickets or by check if registration was paid by cash or check.
15. THE MAILING LIST: I am still cleaning up and expanding my convention e-Mail List. If you would like to be removed from this email list, please let me know by sending a note to me with "Remove" in the subject line; otherwise, I will assume that you wish to continue to receive e-mail updates from White Magic about my convention and other upcoming magic events. If you know someone who has recently changed their email address and has not received this notice, please let them know that they should send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to my e-mail list.
16. THE WEB SITE: I have spent a great deal of time revising and updating my website. Please visit at www.angelfire.com/pa/edwhitemagic and click to select any topic you are interested in viewing. All pages are now working (or should be by the time you receive this). If any pages are not working or have inactive links, please let me know, and I will attempt to correct the problem asap.
17. OTHER EVENTS: I am aware that there may be some other events (magic or otherwise) on the same date as my convention, but there will not be a conflict with the S.A.M. this year, since they can have only one 100th Anniversary, so I have again tried to make the day and evening pass prices especially attractive for those who wish to attend my convention during the day or evening and some other event the rest of the day or night.
18. QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS: Please email any questions or comments to me at email@example.com and put convention in the subject line for fastest response.
19. THANK YOU. Thanks for your interest and support. I hope with your help we can completely sell out the second May Magic Spectacular!
Sunday, June 22 - Bob Little's Super Sunday, Warrington Motor Lodge, Warrington, PA. Come help Bob celebrate his 30th convention. Have some cake and champagne. Listen to some music from the 40's. There will be an auction, a super lecture, plenty of dealers, and an evening show which will feature some fine acts. Come and see what surprises Bob has in store for you. For more information, contact Bob Little at (215) 672-3344 or email him at magicboblittle@aolcom .
For additional information or a flyer on any of these conventions, please
call or fax me at
or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For a complete list of all upcoming conventions, please click here to go to Craig Dickson's Magic Event Calendar
This page was last updated May 4, 2003, a.m.
Other White Magic Pages - Click to View
Ed White Magic Shop
Directions to White Magic