Romanov Children's Ephemera Found in Trunk in London (ABC - The World Today, 14 October, 2004)
© Paul Gilbert @ Royal Russia / Tsarskoye Selo State Museum Preserve. 12 August, 2014
Charles Sydney Gibbes, 1924
Charles Sydney Gibbes was an Englishman who served as English tutor to the children of Nicholas II. Inspired by the kindness and spirituality of the Imperial family, he followed them even after their capture by the Bolsheviks. He later underwent a religious conversion, becoming the first English Orthodox abbot, before returning to his homeland to set up an Orthodox church.
The following article was originally published in the April 18th, 2014 edition of Russia Beyond the Headlines. The author Alexandra Kulikova owns the copyright presented below.
Click on the link to read the full article:
© Russia Beyond the Headlines and Alexandra Kulikova. 21 April, 2014
The crown of Imperial Russia was one of the most resplendent in the world, shining with precious jewels and symbolizing a mighty nation that covered one-sixth of the globe. But in the beginning of our century, when the forces of evil arose to topple this mighty nation, the bastion of Orthodoxy, then even more resplendently shone the crown of Holy Russia, made of the purest gold of the New Martyrs and Confessors. And adorning this unique and magnificent crown were the most sparkling and wondrous jewels of all: the royal children-martyrs.
This beautifully written article about the children of Tsar Nicholas II was written by Matushka Natalia, it was originally published in Orthodox America.
© Orthodox America. 19 July, 2013
A monument to the children of Tsar Nicholas II will be erected near the spot where the remains of the last Russian Imperial family were disposed of by their murderers in 1918, near the Ural city of Ekaterinburg.
The composition created by local craftsmen depicting the Grand Duchesses Olga, Tatiana, Maria, Anastasia, along with their brother, the Tsarevich Alexis, will be unveiled in November.
© Royal Russia. 14 October, 2011
A photo of the grand duchesses Olga, Tatiana, Maria and Anastasia (OTMA), in front of the Cathedral on the Spilled Blood, on the site of the former Ipatiev House, in Ekaterinburg.
© Photo: F. Nodé-Langlois / Le Figaro. 22 March, 2011
Newer | Latest | Older