© Royal Russia. 23 March, 2014
The latest issue of our official magazine is now available. More than 100 pages of text and over 100 black and white photographs. Included in this issue are the following 8 full-length articles:
A Life of Servitude: Grand Duchess Alexandra Petrovna of Oldenburg - 19 pages with 14 photographs!
- Irene W. Galaktionova takes an in-depth look into the life of Grand Duchess Alexandra Petrovna (1838-1900), wife of the Grand Duke Nicholas Nikolayevich, Senior (1831-1891), and the mother of the Grand Dukes Nicholas Nikolayevich, Junior (1856-1929), and Peter Nikolayevich (1864-1931). After the breakup of her marriage, she retired from Court life to become a nun in 1889. Alexandra Petrovna died at Pokrov of Our Lady Monastery in Kiev on 25 April [O.S. 13 April] 1900, when she was 61.
Finland Under the Tsars. An Uneasy Relationship - 19 pages with 22 photographs!
- Coryne Hall writes about the association between the Tsars of Russia and Finland from the reign of Alexander I to Nicholas II, with particular emphasis on the visits the Tsars paid there (both official and on their holidays).
My Russia: The Petrovsky Travelling Palace, Moscow - 14 pages with 17 photographs!
- Paul Gilbert writes about the history of the Petrovsky Travelling Palace in Moscow. The palace has a fascinating history as the final stop for Russia’s sovereigns before their entry into Moscow for their coronations. Seven emperors and empresses of Russia (Catherine II to Nicholas II) stayed here, and one unwelcome emperor of France, Napoleon Bonaparte in 1812. Contemporary notes on the restoration of the palace are based on the author’s recent visit to the palace in October 2013. Richly illustrated with photographs by Paul Gilbert.
Remnants of Empire: The Estates of Russia and What Became of Them - 11 pages with 9 photographs!
- Jason Grant writes about the history and fate of the country retreats of Russia’s aristocracy, and includes many of his own photographs.
The Lilacs of Tsarskoye Selo - 5 pages with 3 photographs!
- Ekaterina Eparinova offers a charming history of the lilac at Tsarskoye Selo, the favourite bloom of the last Russian empress, Alexandra Feodorovna.
Hostages to Political Games: Did Lenin Order the Execution of the Royal Family? - 18 pages with 11 photographs!
- An interview with Vladimir Soloviev, Chief Major Crimes Investigator for the CID of the Public Prosecution Office of the Russian Federation
The Fall of the Romanovs - 11 pages with 10 photographs!
- by HRH Viktoria Luise, Princess of Prussia
The Departure of an Empress - 6 pages with 4 photographs!
- by Countess Yekaterina Petrovna Kleinmichel
This issue also features 2 collections of rare and vintage photographs:
Frozen in Time - 5 pages with 10 photographs!
- featuring photographic memories of the Russian Imperial family
The Lost World of Imperial Russia - 9 pages with 14 photographs!
- featuring vintage photographs of Imperial Russia before the Revolution
Order your copy securely (credit card or PayPal) from our online shop by clicking on the following link;
© Gilbert's Books. 12 March, 2014
© Academic Studies Press. 12 February, 2014
Save 50% off the regular retail price of our Russian Royal Classics series. This popular series of memoirs and biographies includes 8 titles on the Romanovs, in handsome hard cover editions! These titles are quality reprints of the original editions, complete with all their original photographs.
Not only is this sale a wonderful opportunity for you to stock up on some winter reading, but to also add some classic Romanov reading to your own personal library. Sale ends on February 15th, 2014 or while quantities last!
For more information, or to place an order, please refer to the following links at our online bookshop:
© Gilbert's Books. 14 January, 2014
Below is a list of the most popular titles published by Royal Russia, including our official magazine (current and back issues), our 2014 wall calendar and our two bestselling books. For more information, including contents, prices, etc., please click on the links below;
All of these titles are available through our Royal Russia online bookshop (links provided above), or from the following booksellers: Amazon.com (USA); Librairie Galignani (Paris, France); and Booksellers Van Hoogstraten (Den Haag, Netherlands).
© Paul Gilbert @ Royal Russia. 12 December, 2013
Newer | Latest | Older