I am pleased to announce that the NEW issue of our official magazine, ROYAL RUSSIA No. 4 is now AVAILABLE! --PG.
Included in our Summer 2013 issue are the following full-length articles:
The Coronation of Emperor Alexander III
- An eye-witness account of the ceremonies marking the coronation of Emperor Alexander III at Moscow on 27th May [O.S. 15th], 1883. Richly illustrated with reproductions from the coronation album.
My Russia: The Children's Island at Tsarskoye Selo
- Located in the Alexander Park, the Children's Island and Pavilion is often overlooked by visitors to Tsarskoye Selo. This article explores the history and future of this unique folly built for the children of Emperor Nicholas I. Includes photographs by the author, Paul Gilbert.
The Museum of Imperial Court Carriages
- A history of the Museum of Imperial Court Carriages in St. Petersburg, and what happened to the collection after the museum was closed by the Bolsheviks in 1920. Includes photographs by the author, Paul Gilbert.
plus, these articles by Russian and foreign historians:
- Russia's Thespian Mentors by Irene W. Galaktionova
- Crowned in a Far Country: The Five Daughters of Emperor Paul I by Gema Faye O. Nicdao
- An Interview With Anna Vyrubova by Rheta Childe Dorr
- Bloody Sunday: A Tragedy That Became a Sign by Andrei Mantsov
- Princess Zenaida Yusupova by Meriel Buchanan
Plus 2 collections of rare and vintage photographs:
- Frozen in Time featuring photographic memories of the Russian Imperial family
- The Lost World of Imperial Russia featuring vintage photographs of Imperial Russia before the Revolution
For more information on the contents of this issue, or to order your copy, please click on the following link;
© Gilbert's Books. 05 September, 2013