Topic: Nicholas II
Emperor Nicholas II photographed in 1914 at the gates of the General Headquarters (Stavka) at Baranavichy. At the beginning of the First World War, Baranavichy was chosen as the location of the Stavka, which was later moved to Mogilev in August 1915.
In 1914, the commander-in-chief of the Russian armed forces at Baranavichy was the Grand Duke Nicholas Nicholayevich (1856-1929). Tsar Nicholas II assumed supreme command over the armed forces in the summer of 1915.
© Paul Gilbert @ Royal Russia. 29 May, 2013