Further to my original January 9th post, please note the following update which includes a revised publication date, plus 3 additional articles and their respective authors for this issue--PG.
I am pleased to announce that I will publish a second issue of Royal Russia Annual this year in honour of the 400th anniversary of the Romanov dynasty. Royal Russia Annual No. 4 will go to the printers in July and available for purchase in late August 2013.
Included in this issue will be the following full-length articles [Note: this is just a partial list of the full-length articles scheduled to be published in this issue and is subject to change without notice]:
The Coronation of Emperor Alexander III
- A first-hand account of the ceremonies marking the coronation of Emperor Alexander III at Moscow on 27th May [O.S. 15th], 1883. Richly illustrated with full-page reproductions from the coronation album.
My Russia: The Children's Island at Tsarskoye Selo
- Located in the Alexander Park, the Children's Island is often overlooked by visitors to Tsarskoye Selo. This article explores the history of this unique folly built for the children of Emperor Nicholas I. Illustrated with photographs by Paul Gilbert.
The Museum of Imperial Court Carriages
- A history of the Museum of Imperial Court Carriages in St. Petersburg, and what happened to the collection after the museum was closed by the Bolsheviks in 1920.
plus, these articles by Russian and British historians:
- Russia's Thespian Mentors by Irene W. Galaktionova
- The Five Daughters of Emperor Paul I by Gema Faye O. Nicdao
- An Interview With Anna Vyrubova by Rheta Childe Dorr
- Bloody Sunday: A Tragedy That Became a Sign by Andrei Mantsov
- Princess Zenaida Yusupova by Meriel Buchanan
Plus 2 collections of rare and vintage photographs:
- Frozen in Time featuring photographic memories of the Russian Imperial family
- The Lost World of Imperial Russia featuring vintage photographs of Imperial Russia before the Revolution
Note: This publication announcement is for information purposes only. I am not accepting any pre-orders for this issue at this time.
© Gilbert's Books. 12 March, 2013