Topic: Holy Royal Martyrs
The Holy Royal Martyrs were commemorated at Tsarskoye Selo today, in services at both the Alexander Palace and the nearby Feodorovsky Cathedral.
A prayer service was held in the Semi-Circular Hall of the Alexander Palace. It was through the doors of this room of the palace that the Imperial Family left the palace for the last time on August 1, 1917.
In the nearby Feodorovsky Cathedral a night liturgy was held in memory of the Holy Royal Martyrs. The service was led by Bishop Markell of the Peterhof Cathedral. The liturgy has been held every year since 2000 and is attended by hundreds of Orthodox faithful who live in Pushkin and the surrounding towns and villages.
© Paul Gilbert @ Royal Russia. 17 July, 2012