Furniture from the Lower Dacha at Peterhof Topic: Peterhof
In 1895 the architect Antony Tomishko constructed the Lower Palace (or Lower Dacha) for Nicholas II and his family in the Alexandria Park at Peterhof. The palace was furnished using designs from the celebrated St Petersburg furniture-maker Friedrich (Fiodor) Melzer. The corner sofa with a high back and a mirrored niche, upholstered in green velvet with a cyclamen pattern, was in the rooms of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolayevna at the Lower Dacha in Peterhof.
This particular piece of furniture from the Lower Dacha is currently on display at the Staraya Derevnya Restoration and Storage Center (a branch of the State Hermitage Museum), in St. Petersburg.