A magnificent bronze bell depicting the Royal Martyrs: Emperor Nicholas II, Empress Alexandra, Tsesarevich Alexei, and Grand Duchesses Olga, Tatiana, Maria and Anastasia. The bell rings proudly from the Church on the Spilled Blood, a memorial church built on the site of the Ipatiev House, where the members of the last Russian Imperial family were murdered in 1918 by the Bolsheviks at Ekaterinburg.
Members of the Orthodox faithful in Ekaterinburg began raising funds to finance the bell in 2004. The giant bell was cast in Kamensk-Uralsk and installed in the famous church in July 2010.
© Paul Gilbert @ Royal Russia. 27 March, 2012