The former telegraph station has been restored at Peterhof. Situated in the Alexandria Park, the station was built during the reign of Emperor Alexander II, in 1858 by Andrei Stackenschneider.
According to museum staff, the building has been well preserved, as well as the interiors and equipment. The station was restored to its original thanks to documents found in the archives at Peterhof.
The museum also tells the story of the day to day lives of the men who worked at the station. All ten rooms have been restored, including the main office and the kitchen.
© Royal Russia. 25 July, 2011