Topic: Maria Vladimirovna GD
The Head of the Russian Imperial House, HIH Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna arrived in Simferopol today on her first official visit to the Crimea.
Today, the grand duchess stopped to pray at the Church of the Resurrection at Foros. The church was built in 1892 to commemorate the survival of Emperor Alexander III and his family after the Borki train disaster in 1888.
Her next stop was the former palace of Emperor Alexander III at Massandra. She was given a tour of the palace, and afterwards greeted the staff of the museum and signed the guestbook. Later in the day, the grand duchess had lunch at the Swallows Nest, before departing for Kitchkine, the former palace of Grand Duke Dimitri Konstantinovich.
Her Imperial Highness plans to visit other palaces (including Livadia) and historic places associated with the Romanov dynasty in the region before returning home to Madrid.
© Royal Russia. 27 May, 2011