AlaTurkay Puppy Application
AMERIKAN ANATOLIANS PUPPY APPLICATION
Please cut and paste the entire form into your email, answer all questions, and then email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
I prefer a [_]Male; [_]Female to be used for:
[_] Livestock Guardian / Family companion (spay/neuter contract)
[_] Livestock Guardian / Family companion (Breeding/Show)
1) You have expressed an interest in acquiring an Anatolian Shepherd Dog. Please tell me why you think this is the right dog for you.
2) How do you plan to contain this dog when you are at home; when you are away from home?
3) Will this be a family companion or a working dog? Where will it reside the majority of the time?
4) If used for working, what animals will this dog be living with? Is there safe & proper weatherproof outdoor cover for the dog during hot/cold/inclement weather?
5) Do you have children? How many? Ages? Do they know the proper way to act around large dogs? How would you react if your children/child hurt the dog, causing the dog to retaliate?
6) How will you integrate this dog into your life? Are you willing to take the dog to obedience classes and do extensive socialization for the lifetime of the dog? How much time would you be spending socializing and training the pup each day? How much time would the pup be left alone each day? Can you describe typical day in your dog's life?
7) Do you agree to have this Anatolian registered with AKC within ninety (90) days of receipt?
8) Do you agree to have this dog's hips & elbows radiographed and submitted to OFA (Orthopedic Foundation for Animals) between 24 & 30 months of age?
What are your feeding habits? Do you feed free choice, once a day, twice a day? Are you willing to feed foods recommended by the breeder for your Anatolian (see "Feeding Your Puppy")?
9) Do you use monthly heartworm and flea preventatives? Would the dog be on an annual physical examination schedule? Is your vet aware of the recommended protocol for Anatolians?
10) Do you have the time, money and stamina to deal with a very large puppy that will grow into a very large dog?
11) Are there other animals on your property? What are they? Ages? How will they react to a new pup?
12) Do you live on a farm, or in a rural or suburban area? How will your neighbors feel about such a large dog coming into the neighborhood? Are there restrictions in your homeowners contract about dogs? What are they?
13) If, for any reason, you could not keep the dog (other than health) ... would you be willing to return it to the breeder at your expense?
14) Please provide, as references, the names of AT LEAST two people who know you well; one of them should be your family veterinarian. Please include Name, Phone and email address -- YOUR REFERENCES WILL BE CHECKED.