|The Water Project|
|Supply Structures | History | Watercourses | Usage & Lifestyle | Geology & Geography|
Hello teachers and students!
We will be working in small groups of three students. Each group will complete its own research and build a web page (or pages) containing all the data and information collected. The web pages will be linked to this page using the hyperlinks above.
Each group will work on a different aspect of water in our community.
Here are the main areas they have chosen to research:
* Geology and geography of Sydney's watershed: names of major rivers and streams and the rock types they flow through; maps and 3D models (Brian, Danielle, Gaby)
* The history of Sydney's water supply: from the Tank Stream to today.(Amy, Ella and Galit)
* Man-made and natural watercourses: changes, additions and destruction of natural water elements to cater to society's needs.(Ashleigh, Jodie and Sarah)
* Water usage in Sydney: statistics on the growth of populations and water usage, past and present. Lifestyle changes.Graphs, facts and figures. (Hayley, Laura and Nicky)BR>
* Major structures and engineering feats related to water: bridges, dams, pipelines, lakes, tunnels, storage towers around Sydney; photos, statistics, historical anecdotes.(Madeleine, Nicholas and Robert)
Keep checking back to see how our pages are progressing over the next few weeks.
Have fun doing your projects!