Unit 021 IT Principles – Level 2 (Core)
The aim of this unit is to provide candidates with the knowledge to competently prepare and perform a variety of tasks using Information Technology. Candidates will gain a basic knowledge of software application packages and be able to deal with everyday problems arising in an IT working environment.
There are 5 outcomes to this unit. The candidate will be able to:
1. prepare peripheral devices and hardware for use
2. use software applications
3. manage and maintain directory structures
4. use the operating environment
5. identify health and safety requirements