--> haha this is from a friend in brazil. she's a junior. an overworked IB diploma student. just read and enjoy.
You know you're an IB slave when:
1. You've convinced yourself that colleges actually care whether you're in IB or not.
2. You write sentences on multiple choice tests (see below).
3. You need FOUR extra sheets to "use extra sheet if necessary".
4. It rains and you carry your umbrella over your backpack instead of yourself.
5. "Due" date means "Do" date.
6. You've memorized the cracks in the stucco on the wall behind your computer.
7. You chat on Instant Messenger and say 'cause instead of cuz.
8. Brewing coffee takes too long, so you just eat the beans.
9. You think MTV is a formula for mass, temperature, and volume.
10. You've mastered the art of procrastination so well that your research paper finishes printing just seconds before you have to leave for school.
11. You point out all the historically inaccurate mistakes in movies.
12. Your every day sayings include "Wow, I just pulled a Holden Caulfield".
13. You sleep more in class than you do at home.
14. You finish your English essay shortly before midnight. Your smile of satisfaction fades when you remember you need to start on your History paper.
15. Someone tells you to relax and you go into spasms - "Relax? RELAX?!?"
16. You go to school on the weekends and on national holidays to work with your extended essay coordinator.
17. "IB, therefore I B.S."
18. You exceed the 4200 word limit on the Extended Essay.
19. You skip school to do homework.
20. You live in the same house as your parents, yet you haven't seen them for three days.
21. You construct a "back-up plan", which consists of quitting IB and filling out the applications for minimum-wage jobs that are taped up in your locker.
22. You plan, and look forward to, going to the University library during spring break to research your extended essay.
23. "Sleeping in" becomes sleeping for five hours.
24. You create a conspiracy theory that all that is evil and wrong in the world is known by a "snappy, clever acronym." (IB, TOK, CAS, etc.)
25. You begin to SPEAK in acronyms; i.e, "snappy, clever acronym" becomes SCN.
26. "I think, therefore I have a headache."
Top 10 reasons why I want to take IB:
10. I want to conform to an international standard of educational excellence.
9. I want to be surrounded by other intelligent, dedicated students.
8. I want to work extremely hard.
7. I want to sacrifice almost all of my time to studying.
6. I want my class rank to be as low as it can possibly be.
5. I want to have an overwhelmingly high stress level.
4. I want to immerse myself in an environment of competition and mutual jealousy.
3. I want to burn away any vestiges of creativity or independent thought that I might have left after sophomore year.
2. I want to discover that all of the extra work I did to get the IB Diploma made absolutely no difference in my college admissions.
1. I feel masochistic.