EAST VIEW SECONDARY SCHOOL
The History fo East View Secondary School
East View Secondary School started in 2nd Jan 1987 at Tampines Secondary School, occupying 14 classrooms in the afternoon session. The school started with ten Secondary One Classes (4 Express stream and 6 Normal stream classes), taught by thirteen teachers and four non-teaching staff. After a six month stay, the school shifted to its new premises at 3 Tampines Street 42 in June 1987.
On 24th March 1990 the school was officially opened by the late Dr. Tay Eng Soon, Senior Minister of State for Education, and MP for Eunos GRC. To commemorate the occasion, the school donated $1000 to the Community Chest of Singapore and $1000 to National Kidney Foundation. On 19th August 1992, our school was ranked 3rd among the Top 15 Value-Added Schools for Normal Stream.
In the field of Sports, in 1992, 3 of our students represented Singapore in the under 17 Combined Schools Team which played in Singapore. In 1995, Mohd. Ali represented Singapore in the under 18 Soccer Tournament in the Lion City Cup and in 1997, Modh. Salimi represented Singapore in the World Silat Championship.
Our "B" Division Soccer Team as well as our "C" Division Sepak Takraw team took 6th place in the National tournament played in 1997.
Costing over $7.3 million, the school has a hall, music-room, canteen, and two four-storey classroom blocks. It also has 5 Science Laboratories, 2 Art Rooms, 2 Home Economics Rooms, a Technical Block, a Counseling Room and a gymnasium.
This is the picture fo our school
Principal (left): Mr Ee Chye Heng
Vice-principal (right): Mr Chua Puay Huat