- The group, who met in 1992, are from Newcastle, Australia. They mainly just fooled around with different music in Ben's Garage, before releasing Frogstomp,their debut album. It was released in 1995 and went platinum. It was a huge succes and made the band very popular. They got to play at shows all over the world, and they were only 17!
- During a three-week period, mid-1996, silverchair recorded Freak Show, their second album, which was release in February 1997. Freak Show was recorded in Sydney and mixed in New York. The band like Freak Show better than Frog Stomp because of it's musical variety and distinctiveness. They enjoyed trying out many different sounds. Freak Show is an experimental album, with many different sounds like violins, timpani drums, and even some indian instruments.
- Ben and Chris have known each other since high-school
- Daniel sleeps with a stuffed rabbit named Doola
- Chris had glasses
- Ben and Daniel had braces
- Daniel played trumpet, once
DID YOU KNOW THAT....
- When they were in primary school, Daniel and Ben made Chris eat an orange crayon and told him that it was cheese?
- Daniel used to write rap songs?
- At silverchair's first gig, they made $10 which they spent on junk food?
- Daniel used to play the trumpet?
- When they were the Innocent Criminals, there was a fourth member named Tobin?
- McDonalds asked silverchair to cover a Beatles song for a commercial?
- Chris burned his leg while performing on top of the Radio City marquee?
- Has Silverchair always been Silverchair? Answer: Nope. Long ago (ok, a year or two ago) in their down-under home of Newcastle, Australia, Silverchair called themselves and were called "the Innocent Criminals". Who actually thinks Silverchair are innocent? Well, now I know how Silverchair got their current band name. A long time ago, while in their home town listen to JJJ [the Australia alternative radio station], they [Daniel and Chris] called in to request two Nirvana songs: "Sliver" and "Chair". Daniel asked for them together, like '...Sliver and Chair...' and I guess they liked the sound of that. They kept toying with the words, and after a while, they got 'Silverchair'.