The Official Website of The New Millennium
What's In My VCR
Ten Things I Hate About You
I don't hate this movie, in fact I thought it was great. I liked the movie a lot. And so 10 things I like about 10 Things I Hate About You.
1. It's funny. So many of these teen movies rely on the actors saying f*** to each other for most of their laughs (and a couple so called "real" comedies do that too). But this movie was funny, and witty and didn't need to go for the cheap laugh.
2. Julia Stiles. Julia Stiles is great as Kat. Not only is she a gorgeous woman, but she's also a great actress. And was especially good in this movie going form the shrew to being "normal."
3. Ms. Perky. The guidance counselor, who on the side writes erotic novels. That was hilarious. And the english teacher was funny too.
4. The Stratford sisters dad. Played by Larry Miller (the boss from Suburban Commando) as his usual nutball self. And actually he was extra crazy in this as a doctor who delivered one too many babies for teenage mothers.
5. The music. A good soundtrack can lift any movie, and this was one of the better ones.
6. The witty script. I'm probably repeating myself, but a witty script, in addition to a funny script is always a plus.
7. The archery joke. You'll know it when you see it.
8. The moped joke. You probably already know that one from the trailer.
9. The cast as a whole. I know I've mentioned a few individual people, but the whole cast was really good in this movie.
10. And finally, the fact that the prom scene was not held in the school gym. They held it at an actual place other than the school. Because I mean really, every high school movie I see shows the prom in the gym, but who actually had their prom in the gym?
But there is one thing I hated about this movie. It strived for many of the "aww, that's so sweet" moments. Cut a few of those out and this is a perfect movie.
7 / 10
This review can also be read @ Epinions.com