2 c. sifted All-purpose flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. salad oil
7 egg yolks, unbeaten
3/4 c. cold water
1 tbsp. grated lime rind
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. lime extract
7 egg whites
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- Sft first four ingredients together in a large bowl, make a well in the center.
- Measure into the well in the order listed- salad oil, yolks, water, rind and extracts.
- BEat with electric mixer (medium speed) or with spoon until smooth, set aside.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar in a large bowl untilstiff peaks are formed.
- Pour yolk mixture slowly over whites, folding gently until just blended (do not overmix).
- Turn into an ungreased 10" tube pan.
- Bake at 325F for 55 mins., then at 350F for 10 mins.
- Invert pan; let stand until cool.