MD Fazlur Rahman Arzoo. 5 feet-2 inches in height and One hundred Thirty Two Pounds in Weight a Foot-Baller (soccer mid fielder) of Bangladesh.
He was born on the 31st March in the year 1928. At village Duptara,
P.S. Araihazar, in the Greater Dhaka District, at present District: Narayongonj.
Now residing at House No. 5, Road No. 3, Lane No. 1, Block-K, Halishahar Housing
Estate, Halishahar, Chittagong. Telephone No. 031- 810 487.
AS REGARDS MY FOOTBALL (SOCCER). CARRIER IN THE COUNTRY IN BRIEF AS BELOW:-
1942 – 45
- He Represented Local High School FOOTBALL Team in the Inter-School FOOTBALL Tournament as Captain.
- Represented Dhaka Government Intermediate College FOOTBALL Team in the Inter-College FOOTBALL Tournament.
1947 – 48
- Represented Harganga College (Munshigonj) FOOTBALL Team in the different local Knockout FOOTBALL Tournaments at times.
1949 – 50
- Represented Dhaka Salimullah Muslim Hall FOOTBALL Team in the Inter-Hall and in the Inter-College FOOTBALL Tournaments and got the honour of Championship.
- Represented Dhaka University FOOTBALL Team in the then Pakistan Independence Day FOOTBALL Tournament and got the honour of Championship.
PARTICIPATION IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE TOURNAMENT IN THE COUNTRY AT TIMES.
1951 – 52
- Represented Dhaka Wari Club in the 1st Division FOOTBALL League Tournament Dhaka.
- Represented Chittagong Mohamadan Sporting Club in the Chittagong FOOTBALL League Tournament and got the honour of Championship.
- Represented Chittagong District FOOTBALL Team in the Inter-District FOOTBALL Tournament and got the honour of Championship.
- Represented Chittagong Customs Sports Club in the different knockout football Tournaments in the then East Pakistan.
1953 – 55
- Represented Dhaka Wonders Club in the 1st Division football League Tournament Dhaka and got the honour of Championship for consecutive 3 (three) years.
1956 – 58
- Represented Dhaka Mohamadan Sporting Club in the Dhaka 1st Division FOOTBALL League Tournament and got the honour of runners up in 1956 as Captain and got the honour of Championship in 1957-58.
PARTICIPATION IN THE NATIONAL FOOT-BALL CHAMPIONSHIP
- Represented the then East Pakistan Provincial FOOTBALL Team in the National football Championship in the year 1953-54-55-56-57. Staged province wise.
PARTICIPATION IN THE INTERNATIONAL FOOT-BALL TOURNAMENT STATED AS BELOW:-
- Represented Dhaka Wari Club in the I.F.A football Shield Tournament staged in Calcutta in 1952.
- Represented Dhaka Wanderers Club in the I.F.A football Shield Tournament staged in Calcutta in the year 1955.
- Represented the then Pakistan National football Team in the 8th Asian Quadrangular football (Soccer) Tournament held in Dhaka and got the honour of Runners-up in the year 1955.
- Represented Dhaka Azad Sporting Club in the Agakhan Gold Cup International football Tournament staged in Dhaka in the year 1958.
- Represented Dhaka x1 football Team against Calcutta Mohamadan Sporting Club, East Bangal Club and I.F.A x1 at times in Dhaka.
WORKED AS HONORARY FOOT-BALL COACH IN THE DIFFERENT SPORTS ORGANISATIONS FOR A SHORT PERIOD STATED BELOW:-
- He was appointed as Honorary Foot-Ball Coach in B.K.S.P.
- He was appointed as honorary FOOTBALL Coach of Fauzderhat Cadet College Chitagong during 70’s.
- He was appointed as Honorary FOOTBALL Coach of Chittagong Naval Base FOOTBALL Team.
- He was appointed as Honorary FOOTBALL Coach of Chittagong Cantonment FOOTBALL Team.
WORKED AS SPORTS ORGANISER.
- He was appointed as one of the Members of the Executive Committee of Bangladesh FOOTBALL Federation Dhaka.
- He was appointed as one of the members of the Executive Committee of C.J.K.P (Chittagong Jilla Krira Parishad). Page ---2/3
- He was elected as General Secretary of Chittagong Custom Sports Club, customhouse, Chittagong.
- He got the honour to represent Chittagong Customs Sports Club, CustomHouse as football Coach to an Exhibition football Match in Calcutta on invitation from our Brother department Calcutta Customs on the 25th Independence Day of India.
AN EXPERIMENT IN COACHING
- He started a Foot-Ball Training and Coaching Camp (non-residential) under 14 at Chittagong and at my area for a short period of 10 (ten) month only for Experiment and also to make people under-stand that Bangladesh is a Paradise of Foot-Ball Talents. The then honourable deputy speaker and a great sport loving personality Mr. L. K. Siddiki sponsored this project.
- Series of articles on the development of football in the country have been
thrown in the different Daily newspapers at time. In this Connection he him-self
feel proud to mention here that he is the 1st Person who felt supreme
necessity of a Sports Cadet College in the Country. It is a must one and his
noble idea was published in the then, Daily newspaper " JANAPAD" in the year
1973 (now out of print). Which at present stands at B.K.S.P (Bangladesh Krira
Shikkha Protishthan) at savar (girani) a few kilometres away from the Dhaka
City was my long cherished dream. At the moment I am happy to see that his
dream has taken in to shape which needs proper patronisation and guidance.
RECIPIENT OF THE FOLLOWING AWARDS FOR THE OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE IN THE FIELD OF FOOTBALL (SOCCER) IN THE COUNTRY.
- He was awarded with the National Sports (State award) 1979 (FOOTBALL).
- He was awarded with a silver shield by the Naraygonj Sports association in recognition of state award 1979.
- The C.J. K.P in recognition of state award 1979 awarded me with number of honours and with blazers.