The A.F.L. uses its own set of rules, while using ideas
from the N.F.L. and C.F.L. This site is under construction.
Last worked on 1/7/99.
A.F.L. Basic Rules
- 3 Downs to score (1988-).
- 4 Downs to score ( -1994).
- 5 man teams.
- No pads, helmets, ect... Just team jerseys, if applicable.
- 5 F.E.S.S.ians to rush the quarterback.
- No F.E.S.S.ians neccessary to rush quarterback if ball is within the 10 yard line and goal.
- There are no illegal types of tackles.
- Pass interference is only called if player is tackled before ball gets to player. Contact is legal.
- There are no time outs (due to time restraints of school's lunch hour)with the exception of injuries which cause extra time played during school time.
- A ball is not dead until it hits the ground (with the exception of a punt or kickoff), or until the carrier has been tackled, or a score has been made.
- Blocked passes may still be repassed, provided the ball is not dead.
- You may not pass a ball past the line of scrimmage.
- The point after touchdown attempt (PAT) may be punted through the uprights (This rule was made to encourage kicking) (1988-).
- Touchdown - 7 pts.
- Point after touchdown attempt (PAT) or Conversion - 1 pt.
- Two point conversion - 2 pts.
- Field Goal - 3 pts.
- Safety (Scoring Sack) - 2pts + possession of ball via kickoff
- Touchback (rouge, single and failed field goal) - 1 pt.
- Fifty-Five yard Field Goal or Centre Kick - 7 pts. (This was a weird rule that was put in, an oddity for the desperate team. Mark Watson was the closest person to making this, he was 12 yards short once.)
A.F.L.- A Fast Link
A.F.L. Teams Page
A.F.L. Players Page
A.F.L. Superior Cups Page
A.F.L. Links Page
A.F.L. Records Page
A.F.L. All-Star Games Page
A.F.L. Standings Page
A.F.L. Awards Page
History of the A.F.L.
A.F.L. Pre-Season/Exhibition Page
A.F.L. Eastern Division Titles Page
A.F.L. Western Division Titles Page