Waikawa, Farming locality on the on the western shoreline of the Waikawa Harbour, at the mouth of the Waikawa River, 3km south-east of Niagara, 26 km south-east of Tokonui. A whaling base was established inside North Head at the harbour entrance in the 1840ís, and later some ship building was carried out there. The settlement was moved across to the west side of the harbour in the 1870ís.
The JAMES DALY 1866.
The ELIZA McPHEE 1881.
The SEAGULL 1886.
The ALPHA 1886.
Back to Shipping Disasters Page.