Caledonia, schooner; Totally wrecked on May 30, 1872, on the upper rocks on the south side of the Catlins River Heads. She was outward bound with a cargo of timber, and failed to answer her helm owing to a strong current.
The Caledonia, No. 40,360, was a two masted schooner of 60 tons register and was built at Kilgour Bay, near Port Chalmers, in 1864, by her owners, Messrs. Armour and Richmond. She was commanded by Captain W. Walker, and her dimensions were; length 71ft, beam 19.3ft, depth 6.8ft
Back to the Catlins River Shipwrecks Page.