Authors In Alphabetical Order
A-Z Quotes and Proverbs ||
[ A ]
[ B ]
[ C ]
[ D ]
[ E ]
[ F ]
[ G ]
[ H ]
[ I ]
[ J ]
[ K ]
[ L ]
[ M ]
[ N ]
[ O ]
[ P ]
[ R ]
[ S ]
[ T ]
[ U ]
[ V ]
[ W ]
[ X ]
[ Y ]
[ Z ]
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light.
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
- Faith has to do with things that are not seen, and hope with things that are not in hand.
Saint Thomas Acquinas
- What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity.
- People don't have fortunes left them in that style nowadays, men have to work and women to marry for money. It's a dreadfully unjust world.
Louisa May Alcott
- Your lost friends are not dead, but gone before, advanced a stage or two upon that road which you must travel in the steps they trod.
- Beauty is only skin deep, and the world is full of thin skinned people.
- Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
- When one door closes another one opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.
Alexander Graham Bell
- The surest way to make a monkey of a man is to quote him.
- In the whole history of the world there is but one thing
that money can not buy -- to wit, the wag of a dog's tail.
- It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.
- I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar,
but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.
- God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- Love come out of heaven unasked and unsought.
Pearl S. Buck
- I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.
- Friendship is like money, easier made than kept.
- Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.
- Fame is only good for one thing - they will cash your check in a small town.
- We are accustomed to say that the truth makes men free.
It does nothing of the kind.
It is the knowledge of the truth that creates freedom.
"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
Ernest H. Cherrington
- One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it.
If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching,
you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!
- Everyone has a fair turn to be as great as he pleases.
- True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost.
Charles Caleb Colton
- Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of another.
Marquis de Condorcet
- Age is a matter of feeling not of years.
George W. Curtis
- The first half of our lives are ruined by our parents,and the second half by our children.
- Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow.
- I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
- Cheerfulness and content are great beautifiers and famous preservers of good looks.
- If you can dream it, you can do it.
- To love someone means to see him as God intended him.
- The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
Maureen Dowd, American Newspaper Columnist
- If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.
- A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
- He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
- Perservance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another!
- He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare,
And he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.
No man has learned anything rightly, until he knows that every day is Doomsday.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- I believe that man will not merely endure; he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among the creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of kindness and compassion.
- No man is a failure who is enjoying life.
- Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. There is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of its filling a vacuum, it makes one.
- Two roads diverged in a wood, and --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
- Happy is the man who know what to remember of the past, what to enjoy in the present,and what to plan for the future.
- I shall pass through this world but once.
Any good, therefore, that I can do or any
kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now.
Let me not deter or neglect
it, for I shall not pass this way again.
- Along the Road
I walked a mile with Pleasure
She chattered all the way;
But left me none the wiser
For all she had to say.
I walked a mile with Sorrow
And ne'er a word said she;
But oh, the things I learned from her
When Sorrow walked with me.
Robert Browning Hamilton
- Love is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity.
- It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
William Henley, in Invictus
- The easiest thing to do, whenever you fail, is to put yourself down down by blaming your lack of ability for your misfortunes.
- You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.
- Don't flatter yourself that friendship authorizes you to say disagreeable things to your intimates.
The nearer you come into relation with a person, the more necessary do tact and courtesy become.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
- When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do.
Think up something appropriate and do it.
Edgar Watson Howe
- One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men.
No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.
- The greatest happiness of life it the conviction that we are loved --loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.
- Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones;
and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.
- My father always used to say that when you die, if you've got five real friends, then
you've had a great life.
- The time to be happy is now; the place to be happy is here.
Robert G. Ingersoll
- Live all you can; it's a mistake not to. It doesn't much matter what you do in particular, so long as you have had your life. If you haven't had that, what have you had?
- Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
- The real measure of our wealth is how much we'd be worth if we lost all our money.
- The more things change, the more they remain the same.
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
- The real test of friendship is: Can you literally do nothing with the other person?
Can you enjoy together those moments of life that are utterly simple?
They are the moments people looks back on at the end of life and number as their most sacred experiences.
- Believe the best of everybody.
- Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another,
"What! You too? I thought I was the only one!"
C. S. Lewis
- The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.
- If we could read the secret history of our enemies,we should find in each person's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- When a new day begins, dare to smile gratefully.
When there is darkness, dare to be the first to shine a light.
When there is injustice, dare to be the first to condemn it.
When something seems difficult, dare to do it anyway.
When life seems to beat you down, dare to fight back.
When there seems to be no hope, dare to find some.
When you're feeling tired, dare to keep going.
When times are tough, dare to be tougher.
When love hurts you, dare to love again.
When someone is hurting, dare to help them heal.
When another is lost, dare to help them find the way.
When a friend falls, dare to be the first to extend a hand.
When you cross paths with another, dare to make them smile.
When you feel great, dare to help someone else feel great too.
When the day has ended, dare to feel as you've done your best.
Dare to be the best you can At all times, Dare to be!
- In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love.
This quote contributed by
- Life is like a voyage that is homeward bound.
- Cats always seem so very wise, when staring with their half-closed eyes. Can they be thinking, "I'll be nice, and maybe she will feed me twice?"
- The pain of not doing something, is greater than the pain of doing something.
William Dennis Miner
- Doubts are more cruel than the worst of truth.
- People who work sitting down get paid more than people who work standing up.
- Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster.
And if you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you.
- The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
- Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.
- When you are unhappy, is there anything more maddening than to be told that you should be contented with your lot?
- If you your lips would keep from slips,
Five things observe with care;
To whom you speak, of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
O - Z
Go to the top of this page.
[ Fun Stuff | Ghostly Gazebo | A-Z Quotes | Banners ]
[ Raptors | My Dachshund | Native American Quotes | Awards ]
[ Oklahoma Page | Links | Trivia | Award Application ]
Go to the top of this page.