1. What is your favorite time of year?
2. Describe a place from your past.
3. Describe your concept of luxury.
4. Describe a family member.
5. Compare your first impressions of English 8 with your expectations.
6. Describe sloppy.
7. Describe your ride home.
8. Nothing can be worse than. . . .
9. Evaluate your progress in English 9. Note your strengths and weaknesses.
10. Describe the most comfortable spot you can find.
11. The problem is. . . .
12. Compare the personalities of two of your friends.
13. The place I would most like to be is. . . .
14. I was happiest when. . . .
15. I felt the most inadequate when. . . .
16. How do you feel about competition? (sports, school, friends, etc.)
17. What is the most important thing you will ever do?
18. I know better now.
19. If my desk could talk. . . .
20. Write about an incident that illustrates shyness.
21. Write about an incident that illustrates kindness.
22. Write about an incident that illustrates courage.
23. Write about an incident that illustrates selfishness.
24. Write about an incident that illustrates boastfulness.
25. I'll never forget_______.
26. The new me. . . .
27. Ten years from today. . . .
28. I always wanted to _____
29. How I can earn money
30. I took the blame.
31. Fears I used to have
32. Why does it always have to be me?
33. My first day at Yucaipa Junior High School
34. Talk about buying your own clothes.
35. Places where I have lived
36. I cooked the dinner.
37 Jealousy led to my downfall.
38. When I'm older. . . .
39. Describe an outdoor experience.
40. Describe a dream that came true.
41. _____ used to be my hero.
42. If I had my way. . . .
43. My jobs at home
44. My plans for the summer
45. Money of my own
46. Describe the best hour of the day.
47. Describe your holiday dinner table.
48. Describe a day at the mall.
49. Describe your dream room.
50. Describe a day at the beach.
51. Everything went wrong. . . .
52. I was telling the truth and ____ didn't believe me.
53. A thoughtless act
54. The surprise
55. A strange meeting
56. The unexpected guest
57. Describe a practical joke you played on a friend or family member.
58. The accident
59. Describe an unforgettable experience.
60. I'll never hear the end of it!
62. I had to be strong that day
63. Describe a narrow escape.
64. My favorite subject
66. Our next door neighbor. . . .
67. Describe the qualities of a good teacher.
68. Describe the qualities of a good parent.
69. Describe the qualities of a good friend.
71. If I could do it over again. . . .
72. Pets are like people.
73. Kill the umpire/referee!
74. Dating is. . . .
75. Cooking is an art.
76. Describe your first visit to the dentist.
77. I'll never forget the look on his face!
78. Describe a favorite toy you had as a child.
79. Describe the place where you feel (or have felt) most at home. What makes it a comfortable place for you?
80. Write a list of at least twenty things that make you
81. Describe the perfect day. Put in as many details as
you can. Make it a possible day, not a "dream" day.
82. Describe a "dream" day. How is it different from a possible day?
83. Who is the person from history that you would most like to meet and talk to? Why? What would you like to ask?
84. Who is the person alive today that you would most like to meet and talk to? Why? What would you like to ask?
85. Who is the person from literature that you would most like to meet and talk to? Why? What would you like to ask?
86. Compile a list of words that describe you as a child.
Compile a second list that describe you as you are now. How are these lists the same? How are they different?
87. Finish this thought: "If I could change one thing about myself. . ." (If you can't think of anything, you might consider telling how you got to be perfect!)
88. Describe an animal that you identify with strongly.
Why do you have a special feeling about this animal?
89. Tell about what triggers anger in you
90. Write about something that you wanted very much and perhaps worked long and hard for, but were unable to get. What were your feelings then? What are your feelings about it now?
91. What is your favorite kind of weather? Why?
92. Describe a time when you really felt fear. What made it a frightening time? How did you feel when it was over? (If you have never been afraid, what might frighten you?)
93. Write about what you didn't do this weekend.
94. If you could go back in time anywhere and "anywhen," where/when would you go and why?
95 What law would you like to see enacted which would help people? How would it help?
96. What commercial on TV do you dislike beyond all others? What about it is particularly annoying to you?
97. What is your first vivid memory?
98. What current fashion in clothing do you particularly
like or dislike? Explain.
99. If you were one inch tall, what are some of the things you would do that you cannot do now?
100. If you could do something that you've never done before, what would it be? Why would you want to do it?
101. What do you consider your greatest accomp- lishment to date and why?
102. Write one characteristic or habit about yourself that you like and describe it. Or write about one thing you don't like about yourself.
103. What is your hobby? Why do you enjoy it?
104. If you could go somewhere you've never gone before, where would you go? Why?
105. You have been given the power to talk to animals. Which animal would you like to talk to? What questions would you ask? Is there anything you would like to tell the animal?
106. Is there any machine you feel you could not live without? Explain.
107. Did you ever stick up for someone?
108. Describe your neighborhood bully.
109. Write about a babysitting experience.
110. Describe a great game you played as a child.
111. Write about an enemy who eventually became a friend.
112. Write about a time you cheated and were caught.
113. How do you get along with your cousins?
114. Write about a time you performed in front of an audience.
115. Write about a difficult decision you had to make.
116. Write about a disappointment.
117. Write about something minor that turned into a big deal.
118. Did you ever win or lose a contest?
119. Write about something you desperately wanted when you were a kid.
120. Did you ever see a ghost?
121. Write about the best attic or basement you've ever been in.
122. Did you ever know someone who had
123. Did your mom or dad ever make you wear something you hated?
124. What was the earliest you ever got up in the morning? (or the latest you ever stayed up?)
125. Write about a time you were talked into something and regretted it.
126. Were you ever in a helicopter?
127. Were you ever in a limousine?
128. Were you ever in a hot-air balloon?
129. Have you ever gone bungie-jumping?
130. Did you ever forget something really important?
131. Write about an experience in a hospital.
132. Were you ever accused of something you didn't do?
133. Write about a disastrous trip or vacation.
134. Were you ever in a fire, flood, tornado, or hurricane?
135. Describe the best concert you ever attended.
136. Did you ever become friends with someone much older or much younger than you?
137. Did you ever make friends with a wild animal?
138. Did you ever save someone from getting hurt?
139. Write about a time when you tried to help and ended up making things worse.
140. Did you ever break an important promise?
141. Write about moving to another city.
142. Describe an outdoor game you used to play in the summertime.
143. Write about picking apples, berries, or other fruit or
144. Did you ever meet a famous person?
145. Write about being a misfit.
146. Describe a car or bicycle accident you were in.
147. Write about a day spent in another country.
148. Write about a terrifying nightmare.
149. What was it like to get glasses or braces?
150. Write about being friends with your brother or sister.
151. Did you ever try to be something you really weren't?
152. Write about something valuable you lost.
153. Write about wearing high heels or a necktie for the first time.
154. Write about seeing the ocean or the mountains for the first time.
155. Have you ever had a broken bone?
156. Write about going back to school after summer vacation.
157. Write about a time your parents embarrassed you.
158. Describe your favorite restaurant.
159. Have you ever taken a long trip alone?
160. Write about a time when you gave someone good advice.
161. Describe the best time you ever had in your life.
162. Write about the funniest thing that ever happened to you.
163. What did you like most to do in your childhood before you entered school?
164. What did you like most to do when you were in elementary school?
165. What did you dislike most to do in your childhood before you entered school?
166. What did you dislike most to do when you were in elementary school?
167. What troubles and fears do you have?
168. What experience in your life has made you sad?
169. Whom did you admire most in your childhood before you entered school?
170. Whom did you admire most when you were in elementary school?
171. Whom do you admire most now?
172. Did you ever hide a real feeling or emotion? When? Why?
173. What is the greatest personal problem you have ever faced?
174. Did you ever meet anyone who forced you to feel inferior?
175. Did you ever meet anyone who forced you to feel important?
176. Did you ever feel thoroughly ashamed of yourself?
177. What is the real basis of your liking someone you know? Or your dislike for someone you know?
178. Did you ever hold an unpopular opinion or belief?
With what results?
179. Have you ever defended yourself from an accusation by another person?
180. Have you ever tried to find out something that was none of your business?
181. Make a list of your own "world's greatest feelings."
182. The most useful invention ever created is the
183. Create a new product. Write a commercial to sell your product.
184. Write something nice about yourself.
185. Write the names of ten things that you like to eat.
186. Write the names of five places you like or would like to visit. Why?
187. Describe five things that you usually do after school.
188. Describe the clothes you are wearing. Why did you put them on this morning?
189. Describe yourself as an adult.
190. If you had three wishes, what would they be?
191. What you you say to your children if you had some now?
192. Write a letter to yourself to be sealed now and opened and read by you in ten years. What would you like to have yourself remember?
193. What would happen if you told the absolute truth all day?
194. Write your last will and testament.