Vocabulary for Composition
Next week we will begin studying composition.
It wll be easier for you if you are familiar with
some of the terms used in composition. We will use
the following ten words as our vocabulary words for
next week. Please follow the directions below.
1. Go to Mrs. G's English Links.
2. Scroll down to On-Line Reference.
3. Click on Research It!.
4. In the first rectangular box by the words English
dictionary, type in the first word and press
5. Scroll down until you see the first
definition for the word. This is usually marked as
6. Copy this definition below.
7. Scroll down a little until you see the words
Dictionary Look Up. Type the next word in the
box and press enter. Copy the first definition
beside the word below. Continue until you have
defined all of the words. Remember, the word MUST be
correctly spelled in this exercise.