Whales and Dolphins
By Susan Jawad
Directions: Listen to the reading. Afterwards, type your answers to the questions in the boxes. Then, listen to the reading again to check your answers.
1. Why are dolphins and whales considered to be mammals?
2. How do dolphins and whales breathe?
3. Why do dolphins and whales come to the surface of the water?
4. How do we know that dolphins are asleep?
5. How do dolphins and whales communicate?
True or False
1- Dolphins and whales do not travel for long distances.
2- Dolphins and whales produce sounds when they are attacked.
3- Dolphins and whales do not drink water.
4- Dolphins are friendly.
5- Dolphins and whales do not breathe underwater.