1. When Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) plays the musical lock, Mrs. Teevee(Dodo Denney) remarks that the tune is by Rachmaninoff. In fact, the tune is not. It is the overture to The Marriage of Figaro, by Mozart. Roald Dahl could have just had her say this to show that she is a "know-it-all." This is probably the case although it could be a mistake.
**2. When Willy Wonka comes out of the factory for the first time, there is a shadow on the red carpet which seems to appear and disappear in different shots. This has been told to me by many people but I have yet to see it. I own three versions of the movie and I can't find it. Maybe it just occurs in certain edited/changed television versions.
**3. The Oompa Loompas who spin the paddle wheel turn the crank clockwise in one shot, but counter clockwise in another. This is another thing that I have been told but never seen. As far as i'm concerned this isn't true. I figure that the wheel is spinning so fast that it appears to some people to be moving in the opposite direction although this shouldn't be a problem. Either way you can see that the Oompa loompas bodies are always twisting the same way.
4. In the TV room, when Mike Teevee says "lights, camera, action!" The camera operating Oompa loompa puts on his goggles, then a couple of seconds later it shows the same oompa loompa putting on his goggles again with a surprised look on his face. I found this mistake myself and I was the first to publicly publish the mistake. It has been verified by Wolper Pictures and Warner Bros.
as a simple editing mistake. I give myself a pat on the back for that one.
5. In the very beginning when it's showing all that chocolate and the credits are being showed there is a part where it shows chocolates similar to Hershey Kisses in rows and rows and rows. There is a ton of them. If you look closely (Very closely...It took me about 20 times before I found this) There is a deformed "kiss" It looks like the top caved in or something.
You can see it if you wait for the credits to say "Lyrics and music by" and then it says Leslie Bricusse...If you look to the left just then you'll see it. It's 3 kisses over from the "L" in Leslie. Check it out.
**6. When the Willy, Charlie, and Grandpa Joe are up in the air in the WonkaVator,
while Mr. Wonka is explaining to Charlie why he is bequeathing the
factory to him, look in the lower-left corner. You can see houses and
trees, etc. _through_ the lower metal panel, complete with transparent
buttons! This was obviously a chroma-keying error.
7. When Willy first enters the main candy room and sings his song, "If you want to view Paradise" He pierces and picks up a large "mushroom" with his cane, but when you view it you can see that the styrofoam mushroom has been pierced several times (about six or seven) before this particular scene was shot
8. When the visitors first get onto the Wonka-mobile before they go through the Wonkawash... There is a fancy design on the back wheel cover. Notice that after going through the wash, the design disappears! It reappears in the next shot. I believe this to be a lighting problem, not with the lights but with our eyes. If the lights hit that wheel cover too strongly then the design can very easily be "gone" with the blink of an eye.
9. There are many "hair mistakes" throughout the film. I don't know who to blame for this. In many of the scenes an actors hair will get messed up and then in the next shot it'll be perfectly combed over. I'll leave it up to you to find the numerous amounts of "bad hair" but I will tell you that there is at least 4 times when this happens in the film. This really doesn't constitute as a mistake but lots of people tell me about this so I decided to post it here.
10.When bill the candyman goes behind the counter notice that the counter top
is UP. Then at the lyrics "separate the sorrow and collect up all the cream" if you look in the lower right hand corner you will see (as he picks
up the counter top, which by the way should already be up at this point) he just about takes off that little blonde girl's head.
11. Here is one that should be number one on this list. It's the most evident mistake in the whole movie! Yup, you know the one, in the Fizzy Lifting Drinks room! Notice that you can see the harness strings and you can see where Charlie's pants bunch up from the harness in several places.
12. This is more funny than it is a mistake. In the scene after charlie found the money in the sewage drain, Charlie goes into Bill's candy store to buy a Wonka Bar. after he eats the first one, he turns to ask Bill for another one. Notice what Bill is doing when Charlie is talking to him, he takes a "CLEAR" glass jar from the shelf. Then he takes the lid off of the jar and looks inside at the contents. If the jar is clear, what is the purpose for taking the lid off of it? He could just simply look through the side of the jar.