Elaine Weinman Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is available to a graduating high school senior for use in securing an education beyond high school in the field of Communications, limited to radio, television, drama, speech or journalism, from an accredited Ohio college, university or technical school.
The student must be sponsored by a GFWC/Ohio Federation of Women’s Club per capita club and have a Grade Point Average of 3.0 or better.
REQUIRED MATERIAL-CAREFULLY FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS
Assemble the six pieces of required materials listed below. These six pieces constitute a complete file. Any omission(s) automatically disqualifies the applicant.
Return file to your guidance counselor at a date set by Guidance Department in conjunction with the sponsoring club.
1. Completed and signed Elaine Weinman Memorial Scholarship Application Form.
2. Copy of completed GFWC/Ohio Federation of Women’s Club Supplemental Questionnaire.
3. Copy of letter of acceptance from an Ohio college or university on official school letterhead.
4. Letter written by applicant establishing proof of financial need, including any financial aid applied for and being received. Please do not send the FAFSA.
5. An official SIGNED copy of the student’s transcript which must include class rank and grade point average provided by counselor. Students must have a grade point average of 3.0 or better. Include ACT or SAT scores if available.
6. Letter of recommendation from counselor, high school principal, administrator or teacher.
SPONSORING CLUB: Attach a letter from a club officer or club scholarship chairman to endorse this student. Give a character reference, unusual financial obligations, chronic illness or disabilities within the family, work experience of the applicant, etc. Sign the student’s submitted application form and include club’s name, city, and district. Use the checklist on a previous page to ensure a successful completion of the submission process.
Immediately following the GFWC/OFWC Annual Meeting (Convention), the Chairman of the Scholarship Board of Trustees will notify those students receiving scholarships, as well as the sponsoring club. Checks will be mailed by the Treasurer of the GFWC/Ohio Federation of Women’s Clubs no later than September 1 to those receiving scholarships.
Applicant must notify the GFWC/Ohio Federation of Women’s Club Scholarship Board of Trustees Chairman by June 30 of decision to accept/reject the scholarship.
Click here for the Elaine Weinman Memorial Scholarship Application
Click here for the OFWC Supplemental Questionnaire