A race of small, porceine creatures known for their mechanical abilities, the ugnaughts are native to the planet Gentes. There, the ugnaughts grew to become strong, efficient creatures, able to withstand a great deal of discomfort. However, the planet's hostile environment forces them to move elsewhere. Many tribes of ugnaughts were also stolen and sold or leased as slaves.
Ugnaughts are usually hired to perform jobs that droids are incapable of performing, such as working in mines, where the dust and grit in the air causes droids to malfunction.
Personality: Serious natured, focused on job at hand.
Physical Description: Small stout, porceine humanoid with short tusks and short, coarse white hair.
Ugnaught Homeworld: Gentes
Language: Ugnaughts speak Ugtese, though a few have learned to speak basic.
Example Names: Ugloste, Ugtor
Adventurers: Those Ugnaughts who fall into a life of adventure often fill the role of a pilot or technician.
- +2 Constitution, +2 intelligence, -2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma. Ugnaughts are tough and clever, but are rather clumsy and are loked down upon by other races.
- Small. As small creatures, Kowakians gain a +1 size bonus to their Defense, a +1 size bonus to attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus to Hide checks, but they must use smaller weapons than humans use, and their lifting and carrying limits are three-fourths of those of a medium-sized character.
- Ugnaught base speed is 6m.
- +2 species bonus to Craft (Engineering) and Computer Use
- Automatic Languages: Ugtese and Basic
Init -1 (Dex); Defense 10 (-1 Dex, +1 size); Spd 6m; VP/WP -/13; Att +1 melee (1d2, punch), +0 ranged; SV Fort +1, Ref -1, Will +0; SZ S; FP 0; Rep 0; Str 11, Dex 8, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 11, Cha 8.
Skills: Computer Use +5, Craft (Engineering) +5.
Languages: Ugtese, Basic.