WHAT IS A NEW HOME WARRANTY ?
- WARRANTY: A Written Guarantee Of The Integrity Of A Product And Of The Maker's Responsibility For The Repairs Or Replacement Of Defective Parts.
- All new homes should be Warranted by the Builder.
- This Warranty should be written, and be an Integral Part of the Contract or Purchase Agreement.
- The Warranty should describe what is covered, what is not covered, and what is considered Owner Maintenance.
- It should also provide detailed information on how to resolve any Dispute which may arise between the Owner and Builder, during the Warranty Period, concerning any Construction Defects.
- To address all of the above Warranty concerns, in a Professional manner, Cedar Creek Home Builders, choose to adopt and use the BIA, two part Limited Warranty System, developed espressly for its members.
- The first part of the system, is a Home Owner's Manual, which details Use, Care, Owner Responsibilities, and Performance Standards. It also has a section on Quality Standards, which outlines, the Minimum Performance Criteria for acceptable workmanship.
- Lastly, the book contains an explanation of the Grievance Procedure available to new home Owners through the BIA.
- The second part of the system, is a Limited Warranty Document, which describes What is Covered, and What is not Covered by the Warranty.
- It also explains Manufacturers Warranties, and most importantly, lists Non-Warrantable Conditions.
Our New Home Warranty
- Cedar Creek Home Builders provides the BIA Home Owner's Manual and Limited Warranty Document to each new home purchaser.
- These two documents describe the One year Limited Warranty, coverages, and Greivance Procedure in case of a Dispute.
- Cedar Creek Home Builders also provides a Ten year Limited Warranty on Major Structural Defects, defined as any major defects found in the Structural Components of the home which include any Load Bearing
Components such as the footers, the foundation walls, the steel beams and posts, and the wood components of the home, to include floors, walls, and the roof system.