10 USEFUL TIPS
TO HELP SELL YOUR CURRENT HOME
- You may think your current home is perfect just the way it is, but a prospective buyer may not see it quite the same.
- To give your home good "Curb Appeal", and to make it appear more attractive to buyers, there are some tasks you should consider before you contact a Realtor and place that "For Sale" sign in the yard.
- 1. If your home needs to be repainted, now is the time to do it.
- 2. Make sure the carpeting is clean or new. Expose any hardwood flooring that you may have.
- 3. Make a list of all the little repairs you have let go, and get them completed.
- 4. It could pay off to replace old or outdated appliances.
- 5. Clear the home of all "day-to-day" clutter such as newspapers, magazines etc...
- 6. Clean out the closets so they appear more spacious.
- 7. Minimize the amount of personal items and momentos so the prospective buyer may imagine themselves living in the home with their furnishings.
- 8. Clean your home from top to bottom including walls, woodwork, light fixtures, windows, etc...
- 9. Look at your home from the outside and perform any exterior repair work or overdue yard work and trimming.
- 10. The front door needs to be painted, polished, and clean - it's the first impression.