- BIA Of Central Ohio
- Ohio Home Builders Association
- Home Inspectors Of North America
- National Association Of Home Builders
- National Association Of Home Inspectors
What is a Home Inspection? Why do I need one?
- A Professional Home Inspection is your Opportunity to get to know the new Home you are purchasing, inside and out, before you buy it. A Visual Home Inspection can expose potentially expensive Structural and / or Mechanical Defects, or help you to identify any serious
problems in the making, before they lead to costly repairs.
- As your Home Inspection Professional, I will be able to offer suggestions on how to correct current problems, or prevent any future problems, and /or tips for necessary routine Maintenance.
- While Defects may be found, which could affect your Decision to buy the Home, or your accessment of the Homes Value, I beleive the greatest Value of the Home Inspection is the Education it provides. I encourage you, the Buyer, to be present at the Home Inspection, so I can answer any and all of your questions, and familiarize you with any problem areas of the Home or its grounds.
- You will receive a 5 page Comprehensive, Matrix Inspection Report, of the Noted Conditions, at the time of the Inspection. ( Usually within 20 minutes )
- A home does not Pass or Fail a Visual Home Inspection.
No home is Perfect, and all homes require Maintenance.
However, with a quality Professional Home Inspection, you can be an informed Buyer, with a Written Guide to help make your Home purchase, a pleasent and lasting Success.
I have been Involved in the Field of Construction Defect Consulting for 10 years. During that time, I have worked on over 100 Cases where Home Owners have encountered Construction Defect Problems with their Homes.
- Every Home may have some type of Construction Defect, as Homes are not made Perfect. Most Home Owners have trouble determining whether an item in their home is, or is not, a Construction Defect, a structural problem, or just a "Cosmetic" item. Most Home Owners do not realize new Homes need a great amount of Care and Maintenance.
- I have Researched and Studied Construction Industry Standards, as Developed by the National Standards Institute. I have also Studied in Detail, the differing Building Codes, the Insured Warranty Programs, and the Minimum Standards for Acceptable Workmanship for the Home Building Industry. I feel well Qualified to Render Decisions
and Explanations concerning any Alledged Construction Defects.
- After a Visual Inspection, I will Generate a Written Inspection Report, many which have been used by new Home Owners, and Builders alike, to quickly Resolve Disputed items.
- I am currently Co-Chairman of the Building Industry Associations' ( BIA ) Professional Standards Committee, which acts as a Self-Policing Body, being somewhat Responsible for the Professionalism of the BIA's Builder and Remodeler Members. The Committee Mediates several Alleged Construction Defect cases between new Home Owners and Builders, monthly. This Innovative and Superb Program, encourages Quality Construction, and prompt Customer Service, among the BIA's Builder and Remodeler Members. Contact the BIA if your new Home was built by a BIA Member, to inquire as to the possiblity of utilizing this Unique Program.
- Construction Defect Consulting and Inspections, along with Mediation, offers an Inexpensive Alternative to Litigation, for Both Parties.
- The Cost for Excel Companies, Ltd., to provide such a Service is charged for based on an Hourly Fee, since all cases are different and may take a different amount of time to arrive at a Resolution.
I have been, and am currently involved in many Cases related to the Structural Integrity of new homes. I can provide Inspection and Consulting of a new home from the Design Phase, throughout the Construction Phase. Our most Common Structural Inspection is performed at the Mechanical Stage of Construction.
- I have found that an Independent Structural Inspection will usually uncover Structural Defects and inadequacies in almost every new home. This is especially True if your new home is being Constructed in an area where the Building Code is not Strictly Enforced, or in a Community that does not Require a Structural Inspection.
- Upon your request, I will visit the site, Perform a Structural Inspection, Generate a Written Inspection Report, and will be Available for Consultation, after you have received the Inspection Report.
- This service is charged for on an Hourly Basis, including "port to port" charges, and report Generating time.
- Arbitration is a Process of Dispute Resolution in which a Neutral Third Party (Arbitrator), Renders a Decision after a Formal Hearing, at which both Parties have an Opportunity to be Heard. Where Arbitration is Voluntary, the Disputing Parties Select an Arbitrator who has the Power to Render a Binding Decision.
- Usually Arbitration is Performed by a Panel of 3 Arbitrators Appointed by the Parties, to Hear and Decide a Decision to said Dispute, According to the Rules of Arbitration.
- Arbitration allows the Parties of a Dispute to avoid Litigation and have their Case Heard by a Panel of Arbitrators,who can Render a Binding Decision and / or a Monetary Award.
- Mediation is a Private, Informal Dispute Resolution Process in which a Neutral Third Person, the Mediator, helps Disputing Parties to reach an Agreement. The Mediator has no Power to Impose a Binding Decision on either of the Parties.
- A Mediator is a Neutral Third Party who Consults with, and helps the Disputing Parties to reach a Mutual Agreement, through the Mediation Process. Mediation is a Great Avenue for Quick and Informal Dispute Resolution of Construction Defect Cases.
- I have Participated as a Mediator, and as an Arbitrator on several occasions. Most cases have been related to Alleged Construction Defects, and have been between new Home Owners and Builders. I work with a group of Real Estate Attorneys and Construction Industry Professionals. We have had a great Success rate working together on these type of Cases. Arbitration and / or Mediation Services are usually Performed on an Hourly Fee Basis.
I have in the past, and I am currently Serving as an
Expert Witness in Construction Defect Related Cases.
- Most of these Cases are related to Alledged Construction Defects and Poor Workmanship. Some cases are related to Personal Injury due to an Alleged Construction Related Defect or an Alleged Faulty Workmanship Issue.
- Please feel free to contact me
to Discuss your particular Case.