A conundrum is a puzzling question or problem in which the person trying to solve the problem
may need to ask questions to gain the information needed to solve it.
The following conundrums range from easy questions which require no answer,
to extremely difficult problems which have been known to keep people
guessing for hours, weeks, or even months!!!
Good luck, and HAPPY CONUNDRUMING!!!!!
If a turtle loses its shell is it naked or homeless?
If fire fighters fight fires and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters
If nothing sticks to teflon, then how do they make teflon stick to the pan?
Why do Kamikaze pilots wear seatbelts?
Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?
If love is blind, then why is lingere so popular?
Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?
If a black box flight recorder is never damaged in a plane crash, why dont they make the whole plane out of that stuff?
Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?
If most car accidents occur within 5 kilometers of home, then why doesnt every one just move 5 k's away?
Why are psychics still working if they all know the winning lottery numbers?
If you try to fail, but you succeed, which have you done?
- 1. What occurs once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
- 2. Farmer Joe was cleaning out his big old dusty farm shed. He dragged out an old water container which
was full of old dirty water and it weighed 5 kilograms. Joe put something in the container and then it weighed less. What did he put in the container?
- 3. The great archaeologist Mark Spot was digging in totally frozen ground when he came across a preserved body.
As soon as he saw the body he knew that it had to be Adam, the first man. How could he be so sure of this?
- 4. A patient is rushed into the emergency ward of the Conundrum National Hospital after a horrific road crash, and is in urgent need of
an operation to save his life. The surgeon on duty walks into the room and says "Oh my god! I can't operate on this boy. He is my SON!"
but the surgeon was not the boy's father. How could this be?
- 5. An electric train is travelling at 100 kilometers per hour. The wind is blowing in an easterly direction at 25 kilometers per hour. Which way is the smoke from the train blowing?
- 6. A man was sitting in his cabin writing a letter during a lightning storm, when suddenly he died. How did he die?
- 7. A cock lays an egg right at the border between the US and Canada. Both countries are
arguing who will get the egg, because both feel they have the right to take
it. But who really does have the right?
- 8. What is greater than God, More evil than the devil, The poor have it, The rich can't get it, and if you eat it you die?
- A. Every day a man leaves his apartment on the 46th floor and rides the lift down to
the first floor to go to work. Every evening at about 6 pm he gets in the lift,
takes the lift up to the 38th floor, gets out and walks up the stairs the for the remaing eight floors
until he reaches the 46th floor. Why?
- B. A woman is standing next to a telephone box that is right at the edge of Victoria
Falls. She decides that the best thing to do would be to end her life by going over the
edge of the falls. She throws herself into the rapids at the top of the falls, and from this
point on she knows that there is no turning back. As she rises to the surface she hears
the ringing of the phone in the phone box and cries Oh my god! I've made a terrible
mistake!!・She tries to swim to the edge but there is nothing she can do as the current is
too strong , and she is dragged over the falls to her death . Why was she so upset when
she heard the ringing of the phone?
- C. A man kisses his wife goodbye and leaves his house, heading for work. About 20 minutes
from home he sees a car crash and knows that his wife is dead. How can he be so sure?
- D. George and Mildred are found lying on the floor, dead, in a puddle of water and broken glass. What happened?
- E. Two men were found dead in a cabin on the top of a hill. How did they die?
- F. A man rides to town on Saturday, stays two nights, and then rides home on Wednesday. How does this happen? (and yes he definitely stays two nights!!)
- G. A man was found dead in the bottom of a phone box in a pool of blood and broken glass. How did he die?
- H. A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water.The bartender pulls out a gun and points it at him.
The man says "Thankyou" and leaves the bar. Why???
- I. A woman was found lying dead, face down, in the middle of the desert. Around her were 3 open packs, and her hand appeared to be clutching something tightly. What happened?
- J. There was a murder in my front yard. The neighbours saw it but the
police weren't called. The best detectives in the world couldn't find a body.
- K. A man pushes his car to a hotel, pays the owner of the hotel and pushes his car away. What was he doing?
- L. A man is found dead, hanging from the rafters of a room.
There are only four things in the room: a hook hanging from the ceiling,
a rope attached to the hook, a man hanging from the rope and water on the
floor. The ceiling is 15 feet high, and the man's feet are 8 feet from
the floor. How did the man hang himself?
- M. An astronaut lands on the planet Zebor and is confronted by two identical aliens : one who
always tells the truth and the other one who always tells lies.
There are two doors, one leading to a cave of unlimited riches and the other to
a giant human eating plant. He is allowed to ask one of the aliens one question to
choose the right door.
What should he ask?
- N. A man got up in the middle of the night and went to the toilet. When he'd
finished what he was there for, he flushed the toilet, turned off the light,
and went back to bed. When he awoke in the morning, he listened to the radio
and promptly committed suicide. Why did he commit suicide?
- O. Two towns are separated by a field. One fine Saturday morning all of the kids came out of their houses from both towns and ran into the field.
Suddenly they all stopped, looked at the field in horror and ran back into their houses crying.
The field was empty except for two piles of stones in the middle of it. What happened?
- P. A woman with her wedding ring finger missing and a man get off of a train, and are
met by a man that they haven't seen for thirty years. He pulls out a gun and kills her. The
police take no action. Why?
- Q. You're in a room with three light switches, each of which controls a
light in three seperate rooms. Once you leave the switch room you cannot go
back inside, but you are only allowed into each of the other rooms once.
How do you tell which switch turns on which light?
- R. A man is found dead in the middle of a paddock, completely naked and
clutching a straw, what happened???
- S. There was a train with exactly 87 people (including the conductor and driver).
The train crashed and no one died, but on the police list, it said two dead.
How is this so?
- T. There is a man dead in an alley with 52 bicycles around him. He had been shot.
There was a large pile of dollar bills around him. Why was he shot?
- U. There is a man lying face down in a pool of water, dead, in the middle of a forest with a pack on his back. How did he die?
- V. A man leaves home running, turns left, runs forward, turns left again, runs forward, turns left again, and returns home to find a masked man.
Who was the masked man?