|Pregnancy Calendar for Dogs|
|Date:||Sat 6 Nov 104|
|Sire:||CH Boyerie Dese Maestro Music Please CR-CA148/24M/C-PI-ECHO CR-696G24M-PI CR-750||Dam:||SoftMaple Gunflint's Beauty CR-715G28F-NOPI, CR-EL131F28-NOPI, CR-CA157/28F/P-NOPI||Breeder:||Softmaple & Gunflint Curlies|
|Fri 5 Nov 104|
- First day of mating.
- 48 hours after the first mating the bitch should be mated again. Subsequent matings occurring over a period of time enhance the chances of fertilaziton taking place.
- The spermatozoa migrate up through the cervix.
|Sat 6 Nov 104|
- Sperm travel searching for a mature ripened eggs.
|Sat 6 Nov 104 -|
Sun 7 Nov 104
- Spermatozoa reach the eggs in the oviducts.
|Sun 7 Nov 104 -|
Mon 8 Nov 104
- Fertilisation occurs in the oviducts which lead from the ovaries to the uterus.
|Mon 8 Nov 104 -|
Wed 10 Nov 104
- Fertilised eggs migrate down the oviducts and into the uterine horns.
- The migration continue to enable even spacing of the embryos.
- During this migration the eggs will grow into a blastocystes.
|Tue 16 Nov 104 -|
Thu 18 Nov 104
- The blastocystes implant in the wall of the uterus.
|Tue 16 Nov 104 -|
Tue 30 Nov 104
- The blastocystes will grow into an embryos.
- During the next two weeks the important organs will develop.
|Fri 19 Nov 104 -|
Fri 26 Nov 104
- Dams nipples begin to pink enlarge.
- The fur on the dams belly and around the nipples may become thinner.
|Thu 25 Nov 104 -|
Thu 2 Dec 104
- Morning sickness might occur due to hormonal changes or stretching and distension of the uterus. Dam may appear a bit apathetic. She may be off her feed for a while and vomit from time to time.
- Feeding the dam several meals spaced throughout the day might help.
- Your veterinarian may want to prescribe a drug to relax the uterus.
|Tue 30 Nov 104 -|
Sat 4 Dec 104
- An experienced person (a breeder or a veterinarian) can tell by careful palpation whether the dam is pregnant.
- It's now the best time to do this because the embryos are walnut-sized now and easy to count.
|Fri 3 Dec 104|
- Start to increase the dams food ration.
- Don't overfeed, excessive weight gain should be avoided.
- The foetuses are now and are fully developed miniature dogs.
|Thu 9 Dec 104|
- The Dams abdomen starts to get larger.
|Sun 19 Dec 104|
- It's very easy now to feel the puppies, counting them might be a bit more difficult.
|Wed 22 Dec 104 -|
Thu 30 Dec 104
- Dam begins to spend a lot more time in self-grooming.
- Her breasts become even more swollen.
- She may become a bit restlessness and begin to search for a suitable place to have her puppies.
|Fri 24 Dec 104|
- The dam might lose her appetite during this period. Her abdomen can be crowded with puppies.
- It is better to feed several smaller meals spaced throughout the day.
- You can easily detect abdominal movement now.
|Fri 24 Dec 104 -|
Sat 8 Jan 105
- Nipples and vulva should be gently cleaned with warm water, you might want to trim the hairs surrounding the nipples, to allow easier access for the puppies to suck.
|Mon 3 Jan 105 -|
Thu 6 Jan 105
- Milky fluid may be expressed from the nipples.
|Tue 4 Jan 105|
- You might want to start taking the dams rectal temperature each morning and evening.
|Fri 7 Jan 105|
- Twelve to 24 hours before she is due to deliver, the dams rectal temperature may drop from 101 to 98 degrees.
- Clear discharge from the vulva might occur.
|Sat 8 Jan 105|
- Expected date of whelp. Of course this is just an average. Whelping may take place from the 59th to the 65th day. Puppies born before the 58th day will probably be too young to survive.