Developmental I English 060
This page is for the purpose of guiding students currently studying Developmental English I 060.
Update: May 23. Read Evergreen Chapters 23 & 24. Chapter 23 discusses what makes a sentence. In Chapter 24 read the sections about coordination (FANBOYS) and subordination with some care. I will explain semicolons in class. Do the exercises for yourself so that you can bring problems in class. Prewriting exercises were returned. Illustration paragraphs (using examples) was discussed in class June 2 and students wrote in class, with a few exemptions who wanted to finish at home.
- Due: overdue. Write two paragraphs, the first coming from freewriting, the second coming from brainstorming. Hand in both with the prewriting exercises.
- Due: Wed. May 21. Make a web for Evergreen Chapter 2. See page 33 of the reader for guidance.
- Due: July 2. Sentence Skills exercises at the Learning Lab.
- Do on your own NOW. Exercises in Coordinating Conjunctions, FANBOYS.
- Do on your own NOW. Exercises in Subordinating Conjunctions.
- Class exercise June 2; due latest June 4 Illustrative Paragraph.
- Due: To be determined. Descriptive Paragraph.
- Due: To be determined. Illustrative Essay.
- Due: To be determined. Process Essay.
- Due: To be determined. Comparison and Contrast Essay.
- Due: To be determined. Classification Essay.
- Due: To be determined. Midterm Essay and Final Exam Essay.
My Favorite Web sites
Angelfire Home Pages
Free Web Building Help
Angelfire HTML Library
htmlGEAR - free polls, guestbooks, and more!